Students have access to commercial equipment that simulates working in a real restaurant
Partnering with Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, offers bachelor of science degrees in food science, nutrition,
nutrition with a culinary concentration, food science with a culinary concentration,
and future plans for a Culinology® degree. The department is equipped with a food
processing pilot plant and a food preparation laboratory.
AHC Equipment and Facilities:
- Professional range
- Dual stack convection ovens
- Restaurant deep fat fryer
- Char rock broiler
- Proofing / warming cabinet
- Restaurant quality pots and pans
- Stainless prep tables
- Commercial refrigeration and freezer
- Professional bakery table top mixers
- Commercial food processors
Top of Page
"The different programs at Allan Hancock College have helped me decide what I really want to do for my career. I plan to transfer to a four-year college and pursue a Culinology® degree. The teachers are passionate and the curriculum is very practical."
Submit a Testimonial »
What is culinology?