Students have access to commercial equipment that simulates working in a real restaurant
Partnering with Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, offers bachelor of science degrees in food science, nutrition,
nutrition with a culinary concentration, food science with a culinary concentration,
and future plans for a Culinology® degree. The department is equipped with a food
processing pilot plant and a food preparation laboratory.
AHC Equipment and Facilities:
- Professional range
- Dual stack convection ovens
- Restaurant deep fat fryer
- Char rock broiler
- Proofing / warming cabinet
- Restaurant quality pots and pans
- Stainless prep tables
- Commercial refrigeration and freezer
- Professional bakery table top mixers
- Commercial food processors
Top of Page
"I enjoy coming to classes and learning from our teachers and they have furthered my career. I like the aspect of being able to have hands-on experience in our kitchen. Being submerged in Culinology® makes me motivated and excited about my future in the food business."
Read More »
What is culinology?