The dance department offers training programs for both beginning and advanced students
in the areas of ballet, modern, and jazz. The emphasis is on technique, choreography,
and extensive performance opportunities.
The graduate of the AA or certificate program in dance will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in two of the following dance styles; modern, ballet, and
- Exhibit accomplished technique in tap and folkloric dance.
- Demonstrate competency through public performances.
- Develop and informed viewpoint of dance as an art form.
- Demonstrate choreographic skills including supervisory and effective communicative
Santa Maria Campus Bldg F
805-922-6933 ext. 3252
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed during summers
Top of Page
Medical Assisting Student
"I came to Allan Hancock College as an 'older' student. I was pleased to find out they offered the medical assisting program that I had been looking for. The campus has a relaxed, student-friendly atmosphere, and the teachers are well-educated and knowledgeable. I plan on becoming a certified medical assistant and hope to find a job in either an ob/gyn or Oncology office."
Read More »