The dance department offers training programs for both beginning and advanced students
in the areas of ballet, modern, and jazz. The emphasis is on technique, choreography,
and extensive performance opportunities.
The graduate of the AA or certificate program in dance will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in two of the following dance styles; modern, ballet, and
- Exhibit accomplished technique in tap and folkloric dance.
- Demonstrate competency through public performances.
- Develop and informed viewpoint of dance as an art form.
- Demonstrate choreographic skills including supervisory and effective communicative
Santa Maria Campus Bldg F
805-922-6933 ext. 3252
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed during summers
Top of Page
"These teachers are amazing. They're willing to help make your vision and goals come true, whether it be here as a vocational training program or transferring to a four year university. There are so many great things about the fashion program. You're able to express yourself here. Allan Hancock College is where I started. I'm in a four-year university now but I know that without Allan Hancock College I wouldn't have gotten there."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College