The dance department offers training programs for both beginning and advanced students
in the areas of ballet, modern, and jazz. The emphasis is on technique, choreography,
and extensive performance opportunities.
The graduate of the AA or certificate program in dance will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in two of the following dance styles; modern, ballet, and
- Exhibit accomplished technique in tap and folkloric dance.
- Demonstrate competency through public performances.
- Develop and informed viewpoint of dance as an art form.
- Demonstrate choreographic skills including supervisory and effective communicative
Santa Maria Campus Bldg F
805-922-6933 ext. 3252
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed during summers
Top of Page
"In ten month's time I've gained the knowledge and skills to provide myself with a new, fun and interesting career in the dental assisting field. I've had instructors who are in the field and it really helped me to become prepared and know what's expected of me when I start at an office. I'm excited about the dental program: it took me from being stuck at a career roadblock to having almost endless career opportunities."
Read More »