The dance department offers training programs for both beginning and advanced students
in the areas of ballet, modern, and jazz. The emphasis is on technique, choreography,
and extensive performance opportunities.
The graduate of the AA or certificate program in dance will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in two of the following dance styles; modern, ballet, and
- Exhibit accomplished technique in tap and folkloric dance.
- Demonstrate competency through public performances.
- Develop and informed viewpoint of dance as an art form.
- Demonstrate choreographic skills including supervisory and effective communicative
Santa Maria Campus Bldg F
805-922-6933 ext. 3252
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed during summers
Top of Page
Wildland Fire Tech Student
"Without a doubt the best part about Hancock College is the relationships you build with a group of like-minded individuals, and growing with that group. I enjoy the positive training environment that is created by the cadre and their efforts to help the cadets. They make the experience inside and outside the classroom fun. I would recommend Allan Hancock College to anyone interested in networking with a wealth of cadets and cadre who know what it takes to do the job. The knowledge you can open yourself up to will put you ahead of the game during your search for a career."
Read More »