Professional Development Committee
- Oversee and support all faculty professional development activities.
- Maintain and ensure faculty, instructional, and student improvement by helping to
plan, promote, approve, and evaluate all on and off-campus faculty professional development
- Solicit funding to support faculty attendance at professional conferences.
- Solicit and evaluate faculty requests for funding attendance at professional conferences.
- Annually prepare and deliver a report of accomplishments, challenges, and recommendations
for improvement to Academic Senate at its first meeting in May.
Click here to view functions, membership, length of membership, chair, meetings, agenda,
and minutes details. Approved by Academic Senate 02/25/2014.
Click here to view a listing and link to committee minutes.
Minutes from 2014 02 10
Jane E. Donnelly
Ana Gomez de Torres (co-chair)
Susan D Farley
Diane Auten (co-chair)
Policies & Procedures
Process for requesting professional development funds to attend a professional conference
Forms for requesting professional development funds to attend a professional conference
Top of Page
"Deciding to go back to school to learn English and obtain my GED has been one of the most important decisions I ever made. My credit ESL instructors guided and helped me to adjust to my new life as a student. They understood me as a student and as a person. Being a full-time worker, a full-time student, and a mother of three was not easy, but my instructors encouraged me to keep going. They spent time with me revising my writing and giving me feedback to improve my English, even after class time. They made me feel welcome and proud of being a student later in life. Now, I am a Hancock graduate with three AAs and am currently attending Cal Poly. I'm here because my instructors encouraged me to never give up. My ESL instructors believed in me even before I started believing in myself. It has been a long and not so easy road but I now know that I can reach all my goals."
Submit a Testimonial »