AHC only accepts official external transcripts.
When are external college transcripts mandatory?
- If the student intends to utilize coursework from another college or university to
satisfy prerequisites; and/or
- If a student is a Federal Financial Aid recipient; and/or
- If a student is utilizing external coursework to satisfy graduation requirements.
When should the student submit external transcripts?
- External college/university transcripts should be submitted as soon as the student
applies for admission
- External transcripts must be received AND evaluated before enrolling in a course in
which the prerequisite was met at another institution
Are high school transcripts required?
- High school transcripts are required of all College Now! participants
- Official high school transcripts are required if the student is utilizing HS geometry
to fulfill a math prerequisite
- Official high school transcripts are required if the student is utilizing foreign
language courses to fulfill a prerequisite
How long does it take to evaluate an official transcript?
- Official transcripts are processed in the order received
- During non-peak times, transcripts will be evaluated within 3 business days
- During peak times, transcripts will be evaluated within 10 business days
Official transcripts may be hand delivered to the admissions office, if in a sealed
envelope from the issuing institution.
Official transcripts may also be mailed to:
Allan Hancock College
Admissions & Records
800 S College Drive
Santa Maria CA 93454-6399
If your college or university sends transcripts electronically, they may be sent from
the issuing institution to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AHC does NOT accept electronic transcripts which are sent from the student.
Please contact the Admissions and Records office at 805-922-6966 ext 3248 if you need
Top of Page
"I truly enjoyed all instructors in my Early Childhood Studies classes. My instructors have experience in the field and shared it with us to give us the real picture. The opportunity to do the lab hours at the school's childcare center was a bonus."
Read More »