FAQs About the Foundation
- Does the Foundation have a scholarship endowment program?
- How do endowment funds help the college?
- Is my gift tax-deductible?
- Will you still be following my gift directive twenty years from now?
- If I can’t afford an endowment, how can I still support students?
- Who benefits from the foundation funds?
- How do I make a gift of stock?
- Does the foundation accept bequests?
Does the foundation have a scholarship endowment program?
Yes. You can create an endowed scholarship by making a minimum gift of $10,000. Endowed
scholarships are often named for a family member, a friend, a community leader, or
an organization. As a “named” scholarship donor, you may suggest criteria for selecting
a recipient that will further distinguish and recognize your scholarship.
How do endowment funds help the college?
Endowments help to ensure long-term resources for the college by providing a reliable
base of funding for the ongoing and future needs of the college and its students.
Is my gift tax-deductible?
Yes. The foundation offers maximum tax advantages under state and Federal law.
Will you still be following my gift directive twenty years from now?
Yes. In June 1977, the foundation was certified by the state of California as a non-profit
corporation. In August 1977, the foundation was determined to be exempt from Federal
income tax under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your instructions
to the foundation are considered to be legally binding by these certifications. In
addition, the college has been serving the communities of the District for nearly
90 years. You can be sure of two things. One, the foundation will be here for future
generations of students. And two, it will still be carrying out your wishes.
If I can’t afford an endowment, how can I still support students?
No gift is too small. Every gift makes a difference. You can designate any gift. If
you wish to support the scholarship program, you can do so with a gift of any size.
You can also create an annual scholarship with a gift of $500.
Who benefits from the foundation funds?
Students and the community are the true beneficiaries of all the fundraising campaigns.
Each gift ensures that there will be additional resources to provide quality education
for students in our community today and in the future.
How do I make a gift of stock?
Gifts of appreciated stock or real estate can be made by first contacting the foundation’s
Executive Director, Jeff Cotter at 805 925 2004.
Does the foundation accept bequests?
Yes. Some of the reasons to give a bequest to the foundation include:
- We have deep roots in the college and the community.
- Our staff and community volunteers have expertise regarding student needs and opportunities.
- We help people create a personal legacy by establishing permanent funds in their name.
- We offer maximum tax advantages under state and federal law.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever.
Get more information on how to donate!
Top of Page
Make a donation