Your Legacy, Our Future
The Allan Hancock College Foundation is committed to keeping the door of opportunity
open – the same door that has benefited more than eight decades of alumni. We invite
you to help us make the tradition of creating opportunity part of your lasting legacy.
Update Your Will and Make a Difference for Generations of Students to Come
A simple directive in your will can make a difference for generations of students
If you have not already, consider these steps:
- Make sure you have an up-to-date will or living trust that reflects your charitable
objectives. Without these documents, you surrender control of your property and assets
to the courts.
- Contact your financial advisor (a lawyer, or accountant, or financial planner) and
ask for help in establishing a charitable gift. The tax code changes frequently. Always
check for recent developments before the completion of your estate plans.
- Think beyond cash—you can leave stocks, real estate, insurance policies, and personal
property to the college
- Consider making the foundation a beneficiary of your life insurance, pension plan
Why Give to Allan Hancock College Foundation?
- We support projects that change the lives of students.
- We strengthen the community through student success.
- We have deep roots in the college and the community.
- We help people create personal legacies by establishing permanent funds in their names.
- We offer maximum tax advantages under state and Federal law.
- Our staff and community volunteers have expertise about student needs and opportunities.
- We build endowment funds that benefit our community forever.
If you would like to see the Leaving Your Legacy booklet please click HERE
Top of Page
Make a donation
Ed Murray’s children began their college careers at AHC. Ed himself spent years working
to establish and grow the scholarship opportunities available to the college’s students.
Thanks to a properly executed estate plan, he now takes pride in knowing his legacy
will benefit the college – and the community – for generations to come.
A long-time supporter of Allan Hancock College, Sue Sword is passionate about the
value of education and the opportunities it provides. She feels the college should
continue to grow in order to meet the needs of its students in technology, industrial
skills, and preparing to transfer.
Sue’s belief that “AHC is so important because it provides education and training
to support the future growth and prosperity of all of us” led her to create a bequest
to the Allan Hancock College Foundation.
Dan and Peggy Blough believe in investing in their community. “Educating our future
leaders makes a lasting difference for our community. The college provides an important
step to higher education and workforce training. The Allan Hancock College Foundation
is a great way to support that and to give back to the community. It’s really an investment
in the future of our community.”