Cash for College

About Cash for College

Cash for College is an annual event sponsored by Cal-SOAP. Financial aid professionals are available on a walk-in basis to assist parents and seniors in completing the FAFSA. Assistance is available in Spanish.

It is necessary to bring all FAFSA related documents (a copy of your most recently completed tax documents) in order to successfully answer questions and complete the FAFSA.

Cash for College events

Dates Times Locations of events
TBA TBA Paso Robles High School, Computer Lab/Library
TBA TBA Cabrillo High School, Room B8
TBA TBA Santa Ynez High School, Library
TBA TBA Nipomo High School, Library
TBA TBA Cuesta College, SLO Campus, High Tech Center, Open Access Lab (upstairs), Building 3400
TBA TBA Arroyo Grande High School, Orchard Street, Rooms 958 & 959
TBA TBA Santa Maria High School, Room 235
TBA TBA Lompoc High School, Computer Lab, Room P1-B
TBA TBA Santa Maria High School, Room 235
TBA TBA Pioneer Valley High School, Library
TBA TBA Allan Hancock College, Academic Resource Center, near Library
TBA TBA Righetti High School, Plato Labs (Rm 621 & 622)


  • No pre-registration or appointment necessary
  • Get help with the FAFSA & Cal Grant forms at the Cash For College 2015 Workshops
  • Cash For College – Free Workshop!
  • Free cash to attend the college or university of your choice

All you have to do is show up with the following information:

  • Parents’ social security number, if available
  • Students’ social security number and driver’s license, if available
  • Parent’s federal income tax return or W-2 forms from tax year 2013 or 2014
  • Records of untaxed income such as TANF, veterans benefits, SS benefits (optional)
  • Students’ W-2 forms and records of income earned during 2013 or 2014
  • 2014 Bank statements 
  • Permanent resident or DACA card, if you are not a U.S. citizen
  • A list of colleges you are interested in attending

Financial Aid Resources 

Below are some useful links to information about colleges/universities, and financial aid:

FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid ensures that all eligible individuals can benefit from federally funded financial assistance for education beyond high school.

CSAC - California Student Aid Commission is the principal state agency responsible for administering financial aid programs for students attending public and private universities, colleges, and vocational schools in California.

California Dream Act - The California Dream Act allows undocumented and documented students who meet certain provisions of AB 540 law to apply for and receive private scholarships. View the California Dream Act application.

Cal-Grant / Webgrant - A Cal Grant is money for college you don’t have to pay back. To qualify, you must meet the eligibility and financial requirements as well as any minimum GPA requirements. Cal Grants can be used at any University of California, California State University or California Community College, as well as qualifying independent and career colleges or technical schools in California.

Top of Page


Timothy Favorite

Timothy Favorite
Culinary Arts Student

"I want to make pizza a health food and start a new American food revolution."
Read More »

I Chose Allan Hancock College

AHC - Start Here. Go Anywhere

Follow Hancock

icon-facebook icon-twitter icon-youtube icon-rss More Social Media

Student Success Scorecard

Last Modified Apr 7, 2015