Cal-SOAP Tutor/Peer Advisers & Job Opportunities
Work for Cal-SOAP and earn $12 per hour!
Welcome! We are always looking for qualified college students interested in becoming
a Cal-SOAP tutor/peer advisor to mentor junior high and high school students. We encourage
you to review the qualifications below and submit an employment application packet.
The tutor/peer advisor will be responsible for tutoring and advising middle school
and high school students. Applicants must be knowledgeable in academic subjects as
English, Math, and Science and provide a transcript with good grades. Hours are flexible
to fit your school schedule.
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 6 college units
- 18 years old or older
- Maintain 2.70 cumulative GPA
- Must have transportation
- Able to work with a diverse population
- Hours: up to 19 hours/week
Application Packet includes the following:
- Allan Hancock College Employment Application PDF
- Current financial aid summary with cost of attendance – Found on your student portal
- Driver’s license/photo id
- Social Security card
- Permanent resident card (copy), if applicable
- Current class schedule
- Unofficial transcript
- Tutor Availability Sheet PDF
- FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
To print the SAR – Click “Start Here”- click “View Processed Information” in HTML
version - enter your pin number (This is the number that was created with your original
FAFSA application) – Print Page 1 only - Sample SAR document
All documents must be submitted to the Cal-SOAP office at:
Central Coast Cal-SOAP
Allan Hancock College
800 S. College Dr.
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Other Helpful Documents, if hired:
Top of Page
Basic Law Enforcement Academy Student
"I chose the academy because it was local and it's one of the best. The academy is a very rigorous program that has demanded the utmost of my physical capability, my time requirements and everything that I'm capable of doing and bringing to the program. It's challenged me, it's challenged my teammates and it will challenge anyone else that decides to join."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College