A primary goal of this office is to identify and provide current career information
and resources so that you may:
- Identify and assess your interests, skills, and aptitudes/abilities
- Use assessment results to research potential career options
- Use career assessment reports for advising, academic planning and follow-up
- Research scholarship sources, schools and labor market information
The CJPC supports the personal development course offerings as well as other disciplines
requiring students to utilize the resources in the lab (i.e., English, Child Development,
and Cooperative Work Experience Education).
Additionally, career and academic counselors are available to assist students with
the development of focused academic plans. Contact the counseling office at (805)
922-6966 ext. 3374 in Santa Maria or at (805) 737-1667 ext. 5374 in Lompoc to schedule
Available Career Resources
A global self-exploration and planning program that helps users of all ages achieve
their potentail in school, career, and life.
- Build self-awareness
- Explore in-depth information on multiple occupations, including mulitimedia interfviews,
workplace photos, sample career paths, job search, and much more
- Identify career matches based on interests and skills through integrated assessments
- Review personalized feedback to understand the results to future pathway
- Meet with a career counselor to assist in evaluating results
Printed Materials and Reference Works include - Dictionary of Occupational Titles, Guide for Occupational Exploration, Occupational
Outlook Handbook, Dictionary of Holland Occupational Codes, and reference and guide
books addressing related topics.
Top of Page
CAL Fire/San Luis Obispo County Fire
"Enrolling in the Fire Academy at Hancock was the best decision of my life. I am receiving an amazing education from instructors who have hundreds of years of experience combined. We are able to apply what we learn inside the classroom to real world applications by using the complex's state-of-the-art facilities. There is no doubt in my mind, I will be as prepared as possible to hit the ground running with a fire department after I graduate."
Submit a Testimonial »
I Chose Allan Hancock College