A primary goal of this office is to identify and provide current career information
and resources so that you may:
- Identify and assess your interests, skills, and aptitudes/abilities
- Use assessment results to research potential career options
- Use career assessment reports for advising, academic planning and follow-up
- Research scholarship sources, schools and labor market information
The CJPC supports the personal development course offerings as well as other disciplines
requiring students to utilize the resources in the lab (i.e., English, Child Development,
and Cooperative Work Experience Education).
Additionally, career and academic counselors are available to assist students with
the development of focused academic plans. Contact the counseling office at (805)
922-6966 ext. 3374 in Santa Maria or at (805) 737-1667 ext. 5374 in Lompoc to schedule
Available Career Resources
A global self-exploration and planning program that helps users of all ages achieve
their potentail in school, career, and life.
- Build self-awareness
- Explore in-depth information on multiple occupations, including mulitimedia interfviews,
workplace photos, sample career paths, job search, and much more
- Identify career matches based on interests and skills through integrated assessments
- Review personalized feedback to understand the results to future pathway
- Meet with a career counselor to assist in evaluating results
Printed Materials and Reference Works include - Dictionary of Occupational Titles, Guide for Occupational Exploration, Occupational
Outlook Handbook, Dictionary of Holland Occupational Codes, and reference and guide
books addressing related topics.
Top of Page
Fire Academy Student
"The academy has shown me a lot more than I even suspected. It's showed me the physical demands that you need to reach and the instructors push you over the limits just so that when go to do the real thing you can achieve that. You'll push yourself and eventually reach the limits that you thought you were never capable of. You get really hands-on with all your crew and working with each of the instructors. The most valuable thing that I've learned in the academy is learning to work to your own level of excellence. Being at the college has been a great experience."
Submit a Testimonial »