Click here to see Counseling Staff
Before scheduling an appointment, we must have all official external transcripts which
include college/university transcripts, AP scores, CLEP scores, IB scores, and military
transcripts. All external transcripts must be sent to Admission and Records. If you have not completed an English and/or math class at another college/university
or received English and math credit through AP, IB, and/or CLEP, you are required
to take our START placement prior to scheduling an appointment. Refer to our Testing Center site for test dates and important information.
appointments are required for:
- Student Educational Plan (SEP)
- Semester by Semester Plan
- External Transcript Evaluations
- Transfer Planning
- Career Planning
- Excessive Course Attempts Appeal
- CSU/IGETC Certification w/ External Transcripts
- Applying to Graduate w/ External Transcripts
- Degree Evaluation w/ external transcripts
- University Application Review (Cal Poly/UC/Private)
- TAG Review
- Nursing/Engineering Majors (Math and Science Majors)
To schedule a half-hour appointment with a counselor, call (805) 922-6966 ext. 3293. Appointments are for current AHC students only. There will be no appointments available
during the week prior to and during the first week of the semester.
As a courtesy to other students and staff we ask:
Students should be on time for their appointment. Please call 24 hours in advance
if you cannot keep your appointment. Appointments will be cancelled and reported as
a “No Show” if a student is more than 10 minutes late.
No Show Policy
If a student fails to keep two counseling appointments in one semester, that student
will be restricted from making future appointments until she/he meets with the Department
Chair of Counseling to discuss further appointment privileges.
Counseling drop-ins are available without an appointment during posted hours. Students
are taken on a first come, first serve basis by signing in at the front counter in
the Counseling Department in Building A. These sessions are for brief questions not
to exceed 10 minutes per person.
Drop-ins are appropriate for:
- SEP Updates (NO external transcripts - NO change of major)
- Basic Registration Questions
- Applying to Graduate without external transcripts
- CSU/IGETC Certification without external transcripts
- Probation Students (reinstatement application)
- Probation Students (discuss WIP)
- Probation Students (requesting excess units)
- Academic Renewal
- Requesting excess units
- Prerequisite/Correquisite/Placement Appeal
- Matriculation Appeal
- Provisional Prerequisite Clearance
- CSU Application Review (NO external transcripts- NOT Cal Poly)
The Counseling Department also welcomes phone appointments. In order to schedule
a phone appointment, you are required to submit an Authorization to Release Information Form which allows academic counseling via phone and/or email. The authorization form
is only valid for a specific academic calendar year. The student is required to submit
the form every year in order to continue to receive counseling services via phone
and/or email. Refer to the form for further details. Fax completed form to (805)922-9586,
The counselors at AHC welcome you to our online counseling services!
Currently, online counseling is available to AHC students only. An admissions application
must be completed online prior to your email. In the email you must provide your student
ID number (H#). We will make every effort to get back to you as soon as possible,
but the response time will depend on the volume of questions submitted. Most questions
will be responded to within three business days. Online counseling is only available
during fall and spring semesters. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top of Page
Alfredo Koch, PhD
"The Hancock program has huge potential. We have a vineyard, equipment--we just need to increase awareness. The industry is so important in California. We are the main winemaking state!"
Submit a Testimonial »
I Chose Allan Hancock College