Student Learning Outcomes
Counseling Student Learning Outcomes
The Student Services Division at Allan Hancock College has identified learning outcomes
to support student programs and services. The assessment of those outcomes enables
the college to understand its effectiveness and improve student services and support
- Students are able to identify support services appropriate to their success.
- Transfer students are able to complete the appropriate application for a given university.
- Students are able to navigate online counseling resources.
- Students are able to identify barriers to their academic success.
- Students are able to identify strategies and interventions to overcome barriers to
achieving academic success.
- Transfer students are able to identify at least one university that offers their major.
- Students are able to articulate short term educational goals.
- Students are able to articulate long term educational goals.
- Students are able to develop a semester by semester academic plan.
Top of Page
Mary Jovy Pimental
Fashion Merchandising Student
"The counselors and administrators at Hancock challenged and encouraged me to pursue my dream of designing my own clothing line and opening my own retail store. They helped me map out a path to success that includes transferring to a four-year university. I am on the right track thanks to the knowledgeable staff that gave me the courage to change my major from nursing to fashion management."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College