What is EOPS?
The Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state-funded program designed
to provide financial assistance, support and encouragement for eligible low-income
What Can EOPS Do for Me?
The following services are available to eligible students:
- Book Grants
- Cash Grants
- Registration Assistance
- Peer Advising
- Career, Academic and Personal Counseling
- Annual Social Activities
- Network with Four-Year Institutions
- Assistance with completing financial aid applications
Who Qualifies for EOPS?
To qualify, a student must:
- Be a California Resident
- Qualify for the Board of Governors’ Fee Waiver (BOG-FW A/B)
- Be enrolled full time (12 units or more)
- Have completed less than 70 units of college credit courses
- Be educationally disadvantaged, as determined by the EOPS criteria
Criteria for Determining Eligibility for BOG-FW 2014-2015 is:
For each additional household member add: $6,030
How do I Apply for EOPS?
- Click HERE for Application OR come to the EOPS office in Bldg. A for an application
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by going online to www.fafsa.ed/gov
How Do I Know Whether I’m Eligible for EOPS?
Once your EOPS application has been processed the EOPS office will send an e-mail
to your myHancock e-mail account notifying you of your eligibility status. Your application
will not be processed until all required documents are received.
Top of Page
"My career goals as an accounting student are to fully immerse myself in the business world, to basically have an understanding of how businesses operate and function. The teachers seem to be very enthusiastic and very knowledgeable about what they're doing. Everything that has to do with learning how a business works is presented in a class. It's going to be very easy to apply anything that you learn here at school in the real world."
Read More »
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook. Current and former students and friends of
EOPS, CARE, and CalWORKs are welcome!