What is EOPS?
The Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state-funded program designed
to provide financial assistance, support and encouragement for eligible low-income
What Can EOPS Do for Me?
The following services are available to eligible students:
- Book Grants
- Cash Grants
- Registration Assistance
- Peer Advising
- Career, Academic and Personal Counseling
- Annual Social Activities
- Network with Four-Year Institutions
- Assistance with completing financial aid applications
Who Qualifies for EOPS?
To qualify, a student must:
- Be a California Resident
- Qualify for the Board of Governors’ Fee Waiver (BOG-FW A/B)
- Be enrolled full time (12 units or more)
- Have completed less than 70 units of college credit courses
- Be educationally disadvantaged, as determined by the EOPS criteria
Criteria for Determining Eligibility for BOG-FW 2012-2013 is:
For each additional household member add: $5,730
How do I Apply for EOPS?
- Click HERE for Application OR come to the EOPS office in Bldg. A for an application
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by going online to www.fafsa.ed/gov
How Do I Know Whether I’m Eligible for EOPS?
Once your EOPS application has been processed the EOPS office will send an e-mail
to your myHancock e-mail account notifying you of your eligibility status. Your application
will not be processed until all required documents are received.
Top of Page
ER Physician, EMT Academy Graduate
"After I graduated from the program at Hancock, I knew all the basics and was able to hit the ground running in medical school. I had been in an ambulance before and experienced a taste for emergency medicine. The training I received from the experienced instructors helped create a hunger inside me to pursue my career path. My time at Hancock played a huge role in the achievement of my dream of becoming an emergency room doctor."
Read More »
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook. Current and former students and friends of
EOPS, CARE, and CalWORKs are welcome!