Student Learning Outcomes
EOPS and CARE Student Learning Outcomes
A Student Learning Outcome (SLO) is what we expect a student will know, learn, or
do upon receiving our services.
- Students will be able to follow through with deadlines and requirements as contracted
- Students will be able to apply time management skills in priority registration.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to complete FAFSA online and financial aid process.
- Students will articulate short term and/or long term goal(s) and develop a semester
by semester plan.
- Students will assess barriers to their success and identify strategies and necessary
Top of Page
"Deciding to go back to school to learn English and obtain my GED has been one of the most important decisions I ever made. My credit ESL instructors guided and helped me to adjust to my new life as a student. They understood me as a student and as a person. Being a full-time worker, a full-time student, and a mother of three was not easy, but my instructors encouraged me to keep going. They spent time with me revising my writing and giving me feedback to improve my English, even after class time. They made me feel welcome and proud of being a student later in life. Now, I am a Hancock graduate with three AAs and am currently attending Cal Poly. I'm here because my instructors encouraged me to never give up. My ESL instructors believed in me even before I started believing in myself. It has been a long and not so easy road but I now know that I can reach all my goals."
Read More »
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook. Current and former students and friends of
EOPS, CARE, and CalWORKs are welcome!