ILO Mapping Activity, January 2009
ILO Assessment Activity, January 2009
What is eLumen?
eLumen software was purchased based on faculty recommendation by the 2007-2012 Title
V HSI Grant and AHC to house student learning outcomes and assessment data. Roles are defined in eLumen to limit access and sharing. Only faculty teaching
a specific course will see their own data. All other views of data will be aggregated.
Where do I find eLumen?
Use your myHancock login/password to access eLumen. All teaching faculty will have
an account. If you cannot access or need assistance, please contact Jennie Robertson at ext. 3880.
benefits of eLumen
- eLumen houses student learning outcomes for each course and can be accessed by faculty teaching the course using their myHancock
- eLumen provides insight on course strengths and weaknesses by cataloging assessments of each SLO.
- eLumen provides faculty a printed report of their status on assessing student learning outcomes which can be included in the program review annual update and eliminates the need
to prepare charts and narratives for all SLOs.
- eLumen data can be declared in an assessment (aggregate scoring) which means you only enter 3 numbers in eLumen for each learning
outcome per course you assess (note: IRP recommends data be entered student by student, but it is not mandatory.
This would allow for further drill-down into the data upon request by the faculty
for program review or other inquiry).
- eLumen data will not be used for full-time faculty evaluation.
- eLumen data will support the college’s accreditation recommendation.
- eLumen also supports the ACCJC’s accreditation requirements.
If you have questions or would like to schedule a one-on-one eLumen training to input
data, please contact Jennie Robertson directly to make arrangements.
eLumen 'how to' documents
|Instructions for AHC Instructors
|eLumen Instructions Condensed
|SLO Scoring Sheet
|Reports in eLumen
|How to Create an Assessment
|How to Score Students
|Instructions for Student Services
Top of Page
"These teachers are amazing. They're willing to help make your vision and goals come true, whether it be here as a vocational training program or transferring to a four year university. There are so many great things about the fashion program. You're able to express yourself here. Allan Hancock College is where I started. I'm in a four-year university now but I know that without Allan Hancock College I wouldn't have gotten there."
Read More »
need help with elumen?
Rob Meyer, FT Geology faculty gives an overview of entering course data and scoring
students in eLumen.