Need help getting started on a research project?
You’ve come to the right place.
- Study smarter. First, carefully review your assignment.
- Understand the research process shown below.
- Start with an encyclopedia to get an overview of your topic. Note important keywords and related topics for
- Consider using a Libguide on your subject that contains quality links, sources, and websites selected by research
- Find a book on your topic in the college’s library collection.
- Try using important keywords to locate fact-checked periodical or newspaper articles on your topics.
- Evaluate what you find for credibility and authority. Revise your search terms and
search again if needed.
- Cite your sources properly. Try the Writing Center's MLA citation help.
- Perhaps view a video tutorial on:
Still having trouble? Let the AHC librarians be your new BFFs. Try Ask-a-librarian for research assistance and receive expert help by email.
Top of Page
Wildland Fire Tech Student
"Without a doubt the best part about Hancock College is the relationships you build with a group of like-minded individuals, and growing with that group. I enjoy the positive training environment that is created by the cadre and their efforts to help the cadets. They make the experience inside and outside the classroom fun. I would recommend Allan Hancock College to anyone interested in networking with a wealth of cadets and cadre who know what it takes to do the job. The knowledge you can open yourself up to will put you ahead of the game during your search for a career."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College