Student Learning Outcomes
Allan Hancock College MESA Program Student Learning Outcomes
- After participating in AEW’s, MESA students will demonstrate a command of collaborative
work skills in the chosen field of study and exhibit the appropriate study skills
to master the material.
- By the end of fall term of their final year at Allan Hancock College, MESA students
will have identified a long-term support system including faculty, on- campus resources,
professional organizations, and potential employers.
- Within 2 semester of admission to the program, MESA students will have an educational
plan that outlines the requirements needed for transfer to a four-year institution.
- By the end of spring term prior to their final year at Allan Hancock College, MESA
students will have an adequate resume in order to obtain internships to professionally
develop themselves for tomorrow’s workforce.
- By the end of spring term of their final year at Allan Hancock College, MESA students
will have developed the confidence required to successfully navigate the academic
process at the accepted transfer institution.
Top of Page
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook. AHC MESA Alumni are especially encouraged
to join us on Facebook and provide updates on your achievements and serve as a role
models to our current students.
mesa-A solution to the Economy
Video demonstrates how MESA is a solution to the California economy.
Computer Science Student
The first engineering class I took at Allan Hancock College was really challenging for me, but I thanked the counselor who showed me the way to the MESA program. There I was overwhelmed by all the resources offered and especially by all the students taking the same classes. Study groups with MESA students really made it easier for me to achieve. I am happy to say that I made it this far not only because of my determination to achieve a higher education, but also because of the wonderful people that I met at Hancock who encourage students to go the extra mile and accomplish their dreams.
Read More »