To ensure full consideration, applications should be submitted no later than Friday,
March 15, 2013. All inquiries, nominations, and applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
In order to receive consideration, candidates for this position must submit the following
- An Allan Hancock College Application for Faculty/Administrative Position PDF
- Transcripts (unofficial or copies are acceptable)
- Letter of Application, not to exceed five (5) pages, addressing how your background,
experience, professional qualifications, and personal qualities prepare you to meet
the Opportunities and Challenges at Allan Hancock College
- A current résumé including an email address and telephone number
- Three recent letters of recommendation (within the last year)
- A list with the names, home and business telephone numbers, and email addresses of
five (5) community college contacts/community members. Note: References will be contacted
only after written authorization is received from the applicant.
These documents can be mailed directly to Liz Phillips, Human Resources, Allan Hancock
College, 800 South College Drive, Santa Maria, CA 93454-6399. Mailed letters of recommendation
must meet the March 15, 2013 deadline.
Top of Page
History of the college
Allan Hancock College was founded in 1920 when the Santa Maria High School District
established Santa Maria Junior College. Classes were held in high school rooms until
1937, when a bond issue passed and a college wing was built on the northwest corner
of the high school campus. Read More »