Liberal Arts - Mathematics & Science (A.A.) (transfer option)
Courses emphasize the natural sciences which examine the physical universe, its life
forms and its natural phenomena. Courses in mathematics emphasize the development
of mathematical and quantitative reasoning skills beyond the level of intermediate
algebra. Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the methodologies
of science as investigative tools. Students will also examine the influence that the
acquisition of scientific knowledge has on the development of the world’s civilizations.
The graduate of the AA program in liberal arts (transfer) - mathematics & sciences
- Develop an appreciation of the beauty and values that have shaped and enriched our
- Develop mathematical and quantitive reasoning skills beyond the level of intermediate
- Demonstrate an ability to think logically and criticaly in solving problems; expalining
conclusions; and evaluating, supporting or critiquing the thinking of others.
- Understand the facts and principles that form the foundations of living and non-living
- Understand experimental methodology, the testing of hypothesis, the power of systematic
questioning and the influence of the scientific method on the world’s civilizations.
A total of 18 units with a minimum of one course in biological science, one course
in physical science and one course in mathematics is required.
ANTH 101, 110
BIOL 100, 120, 124, 125, 128, 132, 135, 150, 154, 155
MATH 100, 105, 121, 123, 131, 135, 141, 181, 182, 183, 184
CHEM 110, 120, 150, 151
GEOL 100, 114, 131, 141
PHSC 111, 112
PHYS 100, 110, 141, 142, 161, 162, 163
Top of Page
Emergency Medical Services Program
"Pursuing an EMS certificate at Allan Hancock College was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am learning from some of the best instructors at one of the best training complexes around. I have a great group of classmates and we work to help each other toward graduation. I am so proud of being a member of the first EMS class at the new Public Safety Training Complex and I feel prepared to enter the work force as a Hancock graduate."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College