Liberal Arts - Mathematics & Science (A.A.) (transfer option)
Courses emphasize the natural sciences which examine the physical universe, its life
forms and its natural phenomena. Courses in mathematics emphasize the development
of mathematical and quantitative reasoning skills beyond the level of intermediate
algebra. Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the methodologies
of science as investigative tools. Students will also examine the influence that the
acquisition of scientific knowledge has on the development of the world’s civilizations.
The graduate of the AA program in liberal arts (transfer) - mathematics & sciences
- Develop an appreciation of the beauty and values that have shaped and enriched our
- Develop mathematical and quantitive reasoning skills beyond the level of intermediate
- Demonstrate an ability to think logically and criticaly in solving problems; expalining
conclusions; and evaluating, supporting or critiquing the thinking of others.
- Understand the facts and principles that form the foundations of living and non-living
- Understand experimental methodology, the testing of hypothesis, the power of systematic
questioning and the influence of the scientific method on the world’s civilizations.
A total of 18 units with a minimum of one course in biological science, one course
in physical science and one course in mathematics is required.
ANTH 101, 110
BIOL 100, 120, 124, 125, 128, 132, 135, 150, 154, 155
MATH 100, 105, 121, 123, 131, 135, 141, 181, 182, 183, 184
CHEM 110, 120, 150, 151
GEOL 100, 114, 131, 141
PHSC 111, 112
PHYS 100, 110, 141, 142, 161, 162, 163
Top of Page
Medical Assisting Student
"I came to Allan Hancock College as an 'older' student. I was pleased to find out they offered the medical assisting program that I had been looking for. The campus has a relaxed, student-friendly atmosphere, and the teachers are well-educated and knowledgeable. I plan on becoming a certified medical assistant and hope to find a job in either an ob/gyn or Oncology office."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College