Transfer Studies: Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) (Certificate
Completion of all these requirements (34-37 units) will permit you to transfer to
any CSU or UC campus without the need, after transfer, to take additional lower-division
general education courses. Students will understand the basic principles of natural
sciences, social and behavioral sciences, the humanities and fine arts. Students completing
this degree will understand the basic principles of these academic disciplines, their
methods of inquiry, their history, and impact on society, and their relationships
to each other. Students will also be able to think critically, to reason using quantitative
models and will develop basic speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in a
The graduate of the transfer studies program in IGETC will:
- Demonstrate an ability to think logically and critically in solving problems; explaining
conclusions; and evaluating, supporting or critiquing the thinking of others.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how societies and social subgroups operate.
- Critically explain how people act and have acted in response to their societies.
- Evaluate and interpret the ways in which people throughout the ages in different cultures
have responded to themselves and the world around them in artistic and cultural creation.
- Develop mathematical and quantitative reasoning skills beyond the level of intermediate
- Understand the acts and principles which form the foundations of living and non-living
- Understand experimental methodology, the testing of hypothesis, the power of systematic
questioning and the influence of the scientific method on the world’s civilizations.
- Be able to develop basic speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in a foreign
Top of Page
"My career goals as an accounting student are to fully immerse myself in the business world, to basically have an understanding of how businesses operate and function. The teachers seem to be very enthusiastic and very knowledgeable about what they're doing. Everything that has to do with learning how a business works is presented in a class. It's going to be very easy to apply anything that you learn here at school in the real world."
Read More »