Transfer Studies: Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) (Certificate
Completion of all these requirements (34-37 units) will permit you to transfer to
any CSU or UC campus without the need, after transfer, to take additional lower-division
general education courses. Students will understand the basic principles of natural
sciences, social and behavioral sciences, the humanities and fine arts. Students completing
this degree will understand the basic principles of these academic disciplines, their
methods of inquiry, their history, and impact on society, and their relationships
to each other. Students will also be able to think critically, to reason using quantitative
models and will develop basic speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in a
The graduate of the transfer studies program in IGETC will:
- Demonstrate an ability to think logically and critically in solving problems; explaining
conclusions; and evaluating, supporting or critiquing the thinking of others.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how societies and social subgroups operate.
- Critically explain how people act and have acted in response to their societies.
- Evaluate and interpret the ways in which people throughout the ages in different cultures
have responded to themselves and the world around them in artistic and cultural creation.
- Develop mathematical and quantitative reasoning skills beyond the level of intermediate
- Understand the acts and principles which form the foundations of living and non-living
- Understand experimental methodology, the testing of hypothesis, the power of systematic
questioning and the influence of the scientific method on the world’s civilizations.
- Be able to develop basic speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in a foreign
Top of Page
Medical Assisting Student
"I came to Allan Hancock College as an 'older' student. I was pleased to find out they offered the medical assisting program that I had been looking for. The campus has a relaxed, student-friendly atmosphere, and the teachers are well-educated and knowledgeable. I plan on becoming a certified medical assistant and hope to find a job in either an ob/gyn or Oncology office."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College