STEM Transfer Program
What is the STEM Transfer Program?
The STEM Transfer Program (STP) at Allan Hancock College is funded by the U.S. Department
of Education Hispanic Serving Institution STEM grant.
The STP was created to assist students who are interested in pursuing a Bachelor's
degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM). The objective of
the program is to assist Allan Hancock College STEM students by offering services
that create a smooth transition to a four-year institution.
I want to join...what do I do?
Start by submitting an STP application (see application below) and meet with the STEM
Academic Counselor to verify your eligibility for participation. Once you are approved,
you must maintain the following requirements:
- Attend a one-time STP orientation
- Make a personal commitment to transfer to a university in a STEM major
- Read and sign the STP contract
- Enroll and complete minimum of 12 units each semester
- Enroll in math and English courses each semester until transfer requirements are completed
- Meet with the STEM Center Academic Counselor a minimum of TWO times per semester
- Attend a minimum of ONE STEM workshop and ONE STEM activity per semester
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of a 2.5
What are the benefits to joining the STP?
Just to name a few...
- FREE tutoring
- University exploration trips
- STEM industry fieldtrips
- Access to academic counseling specialized in STEM transfer
- Opportunities to participate in professional conferences in STEM areas
- Assistance with obtaining STEM internships
- Access to STEM scholarships
- Professional networking opportunities
- Personalized career mentoring
- And much more!
Please fill out the following form if you are interested in joining the Allan Hancock
College STEM Transfer Program.
Top of Page
Wildland Fire Tech Student
"Without a doubt the best part about Hancock College is the relationships you build with a group of like-minded individuals, and growing with that group. I enjoy the positive training environment that is created by the cadre and their efforts to help the cadets. They make the experience inside and outside the classroom fun. I would recommend Allan Hancock College to anyone interested in networking with a wealth of cadets and cadre who know what it takes to do the job. The knowledge you can open yourself up to will put you ahead of the game during your search for a career."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College