Off Campus Testing
Out-of-the-area START Proctor Request
The START test is for students planning to attend AHC. All students must complete
the AHC Admissions Application and receive their Student ID number before they can
take the START placement test. If you are an International student, or live out of state,
or out of the local area and need to take the START test in your local community,
(cities north of SLO or south of Santa Ynez), complete the form below. Contact the
proctor you identify on the Proctor Request Form to set up a test date; it must be
taken within 4 weeks of submitting this form.
Accuplacer (START Placement Test)
1. Contact a local college or university testing center. Ask if they will proctor
your online assessment test and agree on a test date and time; the test must be taken within 4 weeks of submitting this form. The testing center will need a computer with Internet access. Be sure the chosen
proctor is willing to give a test lasting 1.5 - 2 hours if you are taking the entire
test; it is an untimed test.
2. Once you have located a site, complete the form below. This form will be automatically
emailed to our office and we will notify the proctor with the testing information
for your assessment test.
To assist you in locating a college or university testing center, visit the
Consortium of College Testing Centers (CCTC) site.
*The asterisk denotes a required field
Proctored test for distance learning class
1. Contact your instructor for proctored test approval.
2. Find your local testing center from the link above.
3. Coordinate test administration between the testing center and your instructor.
4. Please note that some institutions require a test proctor fee.
Top of Page
the start test
This five minute video creatively illustrates how to best prepare for and get the
most out of your START testing experience.
Download the Start quick study guide PDF
Culinary Arts Student
"I want to make pizza a health food and start a new American food revolution."
Submit a Testimonial »