GED Practice Test
Download GED Application in English PDF
Download GED Application in Spanish PDF
All GED test takers have until the end of December 2013 to complete and pass all sections
of the GED test. The new 2014 GED test is effective January 2, 2014 and can only
be taken on the computer. Paper-pencil testing will no longer be an option.
GED Testing Requirements
- A current photo ID is required at the time of registration and at all test sessions
- ID must include current photo, name, date of birth, address, and signature, all on
the same document
- Acceptable forms of ID include a driver’s license, state-issued ID card, valid passport,
or military ID
- School ID is not valid
Examinee must be a California resident and meet any one of the following criteria:
- Examinee is 18 years of age or older
- Examinee is 17 and within 60 days of his or her 18th birthday (regardless of school
- Examinee is 17 years of age and is within 60 days of when he or she would have graduated
from high school had he or she remained in school. Examinee may not be enrolled in
high school or in an Adult Education program and must provide verification of school
- Examinee is 17 years of age, has been out of school for at least 60 consecutive school
days, and provides a letter of request for the test on official letterhead from the
US Military, a post-secondary educational institution, or a prospective employer
Individuals who are 16 years of age may not take the GED test.
- Registration and payment are required in person at the Testing Center, bldg. T on
the Santa Maria campus, prior to the test date. Answer sheets will not be mailed
for scoring until all fees are paid
- Examinees should allow 30 minutes to complete the entire application process. Applications
will not be accepted after 3:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 3:00 p.m. on Friday
- Failure to attend an appointed test day without notifying the Testing Center will
result a in loss of test fees
- Special accommodations are available for people with documented disabilities. Special
accommodations request forms are available at the Testing Center, bldg. T.
The office hours are: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. – 4:00
p.m. on Friday
To check availability of testing dates, call (805) 922-6966, ext. 3364 or toll free
GED Test Schedule
July through December
The fee to take the entire GED test is $163 and retests are $25 each
|Registration Fee (one time)
Partial testing is offered as long as you pay the one-time registration fee of $73
and $18 per test. Fees should be paid in the form of a check or money order, payable
to Allan Hancock College. Fees paid with cash or by credit card can only be made at
the Cashier’s window in Bldg. A1, not at the Testing Center in A2-404. The cashier
receipt must be brought to the Testing Center to complete the registration process.
All fees are payable at the time of registration.
Cashier Hours in Bldg. A
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday; 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Free GED Preparation Classes
Community Education offers free GED classes each semester for people preparing to
take the GED tests. Go to Class Schedules and "Spectrum" to check the current course offerings or, call (805) 922-6966, ext.
Top of Page
Free GED Preparation Classes in English and Spanish! Look in the Spectrum class schedule for convenient days and times.
Santa Maria Campus, Bldg S
805-922-6966 ext. 3209
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.