University of La Verne

Public Administration, BS


The University of La Verne Central Coast Campus and Allan Hancock College have formed a partnership to offer Bachelor degree programs in the Northern Santa Barbara County.  This partnership is making it easy for you to continue your education in Public Administration without moving from the area.  Maximize your time and money; take all your lower-division course work at Allan Hancock College then continue your degree with University of La Verne at the Central Coast Campus in San Luis Obispo or at the Vandenberg Air Force Base Military Residence Center campus.  Instruction is offered on site.


Public Administration, BS

Admission Requirements

Through its Regional Campuses, the University of La Verne provides educational opportunities for mature adults with varied educational backgrounds.  Applicants will be considered for admission based on the following criteria:

  1. Number of college-level semester hours completed
  2. Cumulative GPA
  3. Work Experience

The Bachelor of Science in Public Administration degree program is designed for mature working professionals over the age of 23 with or without college experience.  These programs utilize and value the experience students have obtained from the workplace. Because of this expectation, applicants under the age of 23 are considered for admission only if they possess substantial work experience and a cumulative GPA of 2.2 for any transferable college or university course work. Students who have not already completed the equivalent of Eng 110, College Writing A (Eng 101 at Allan Hancock College), must complete this course within the first two terms of enrollment at ULV.

Contact the Allan Hancock College University Transfer Center at 922 6966 ext 3363 to make an appointment with a transfer counselor to evaluate your coursework. 

Student Expectations

Students are expected to be computer literate and have Internet access. In addition, word processing, spreadsheet, and basic math skills are required for the successful completion of some courses in the curriculum

Tuition and Fees (2009-2010)                                                      

Bachelor’s Degree Tuition $475.00 per unit
Vandenberg Tuition $250.00 per unit
Application Fee (one time)          $  50.00
Academic Service Fee    $  20.00 per course
Graduation Fee $110.00
Deferred Payment Fee* $  50.00
Late Registration Fee $  50.00

* Deferred Payment Plan

Students may pay 25% of the total charges plus fees at the time of registration and the remaining 75% of the tuition no later than 45 days after the last day of the term. There is a $50.00 fee for this service.  Refer to the University of La Verne catalog for a complete listing of fees.

Financial Aid

Admission to the University is required before the financial aid application can be processed. There is funding available from the Federal Government for working adults who want to continue their education. There are a variety of financial aid programs available depending on an individual’s financial situation and income level.  Students who wish to receive financial aid for their education should begin the application process at the time they apply for admission to the University of La Verne.  We encourage you to apply on-line at This will give you access to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Contact Information

For further information please contact Ana Bautista at (805) 542-9690 x318 or email at


Top of Page

ESL Spotlight

Luisa Gijon

Luisa Gijon

" My experience in AHC was enlightening. I learned to overcome obstacles. I learned to look for help when I had a problem. When I first came to AHC, I was placed in English 501. English was one of the hardest courses for me, but having a laboratory with great staff help me get confidence. I took advantage of the free tutoring AHC had. The biggest thing I learned from AHC was to trust myself in everything I did.

We're Changing
the Odds! 

Hancock College Video Thumbnail

Follow Hancock

icon-facebook icon-twitter icon-youtube Instagram Icon Flickr Icon More Social Media

Student Success Scorecard

Last Modified Jun 30, 2017