CSU Transfer Information
Minimum Upper-Division CSU Transfer Requirements:
In order to be eligible to transfer to the CSU as an upper-division (junior-level),
student you must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 or more transferable semester units by the end of spring semester
prior to fall transfer.
- Earn a minimum 2.00 GPA in all CSU transferable coursework (2.40 for CA non-residents);
- Complete at least 30 semester units of CSU General Education Requirements with a grade
of C or better;
- Complete 4 core areas of GE with a grade of “C” or better; most CSU campuses require
the completion of these courses by the end of spring semester prior to fall transfer.
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Critical thinking
- Be in good standing and eligible to reenroll at the college you attend prior to transfer.
Lower-Division Transfer Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Due to enrollment demands, most campuses restrict or prohibit the admission of lower-division
transfer students who have earned fewer than 60 transferable semester units. Visit
for more information.
The initial application filing periods are:
October 1 through November 30 for fall semester or quarter
February 1-28 for summer quarter
June 1-30 for winter quarter
August 1-31 for spring semester or quarter
PLEASE NOTE: Some CSU campuses like Cal Poly, SLO and San Diego State only accept applications
during the fall term. Not all CSU campuses are open during the spring or winter semester/quarter
and only a few CSU campuses accept applications for summer semester/quarter.
CSU General Education Pattern
CSU GE Certification Request Form
CSU Impacted Majors
SB1440 Transfer Degree Information
Top of Page
"Attending Allan Hancock College has been very good because it's close to home and the atmosphere is welcoming. My instructors are very helpful when I don't understand something and everything we learn is fun."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College