College Opportunities for High School Students
The College Now! Program provides a special opportunity for local high school and home school students
to attend Allan Hancock College while attending high school.
High school students who meet the College Now! requirements and obtain the necessary permission from their principal or designee
may enroll in approved courses.
The approved course list and the Petition for Enrollment form are available at the
bottom of this page.
College Now! Requirements:
- Apply for Admission to Allan Hancock College
- Be at least junior or senior high school status.
- Reside and be enrolled in Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo county high schools or
- Students who have previously attended AHC must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at AHC to
continue in the program.
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility, academic requirements,
and the rigor of college coursework.
- Complete the College Now! Petition for Enrollment form; and obtain necessary signatures (high school principal/designee
- Enroll in a maximum of six (6) units per semester.
- Submit a completed AHC College Now! Petition for Enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts prior to enrollment
to the Santa Maria AHC Admissions & Records office or at the Santa Ynez Valley, VAFB,
or Lompoc Valley Center offices.
You may submit paperwork in person during normal hours of operation, or
by fax to 805 922-3477.
College Now! students may submit their completed College Now! petition for enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts beginning:
November 4 for the winter & spring 2020 semesters
Students must submit a separate Petition for Enrollment for each semester a student chooses to enroll. (If a student chooses a winter and spring
course, the student must submit a petition for EACH semester, as the CN process is
The Enrollment Fee is waived for approved College Now! students. However, College Now! students must pay the Health, Student Photo ID (optional), Student Center (Santa
Maria campus only), Student Representation and Parking fees. Total fees will be approximately
$20 to $46.50 per semester. Books are additional. All other fees, including Nonresident
Tuition (if applicable), apply. Most nonresident College Now! students will not be required to pay nonresident fees; however, nonresident tuition
is not waived for those students enrolled in high school as international exchange
Registration dates for College Now! students:
Winter 2020 - November 25, 2019 - December 15, 2019
Spring 2020 - November 25, 2019 - January 20, 2020 for semester length and Term 3
Term 4 - November 25, 2019 - March 22, 2020
College Now! Course Listing 2019-20 (PDF)
College Now! Petition for Enrollment (PDF)
Privacy Information for Parents (PDF)
College Now! Appeal Form (PDF)
College Now! K8 Appeal (PDF)
College Now! PE and PEIA Disclaimer (PDF)
Top of Page