CSU Transfer Information
Helpful CSU links:
Minimum Upper-Division CSU Transfer Requirements:
In order to be eligible to transfer to the CSU as an upper-division (junior-level), student you must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 or more transferable semester units by the end of spring semester prior to fall transfer.
- Earn a minimum 2.00 GPA in all CSU transferable coursework (2.40 for CA non-residents);
- Complete at least 30 semester units of CSU General Education Requirements with a grade of C or better;
- Complete 4 core areas of GE with a grade of “C” or better; most CSU campuses require
the completion of these courses by the end of spring semester prior to fall transfer.
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Critical thinking
- Be in good standing and eligible to reenroll at the college you attend prior to transfer.
Lower-Division Transfer Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Due to enrollment demands, most campuses restrict or prohibit the admission of lower-division transfer students who have earned fewer than 60 transferable semester units. Visit www.calstate.edu/apply for more information.
The initial application filing periods are:
October 1 through November 30 for fall semester or quarter
February 1-28 for summer quarter
June 1-30 for winter quarter
August 1-31 for spring semester or quarter
PLEASE NOTE: The majority of campuses only admit for the fall term. However, there are selected CSU and UC campuses open for winter and spring terms. Check with the UTC or the individual campuses regarding admissions for winter and/or spring terms.