Campus Graphics Services
Helpful Information, Tips, and FAQs
Quick Copy Ordering
General Fund Chargeback Process
FAQs for Campus Graphics General Fund Chargeback System
Campus Graphics Services
Campus Graphics is the in-house design and printing operation serving all Allan Hancock
College operations. Come on by to our office and check us out!
Campus Graphics is located on the Santa Maria Campus, on the west end of building
Room number H-102
800 South College Dr.
Santa Maria, CA. 93454
Click on the links below for more information
Our professionals will assist you with the design and production of your project.
We can create brochures, booklets, programs, fliers, posters and forms to meet your
needs and specifications. A variety of type styles and design treatments can be incorporated
into your project to produce professional results. Photographic services and clip
art materials are also available to further enhance your project.
Engraving and etching services available please call ext. 3249 for more information
WIDE FORMAT COLOR PRINTING
- Paper size available: up to 60" wide depending on stock selection
- Non-categorical accounts: starting at $2 per square foot
- Categorical accounts: starting at $3 per square foot
- Non-categorical accounts: $.58 per square foot
- Categorical accounts: $1.10 per square foot
- Contact the coordinator, Campus Graphics, for cost quotes
OFFSET PRINTING SERVICES
- This service accommodates 1,000 to 100,000 copies printed on one or two sides.
- Offset printing is used to reproduce detailed photographs, artwork and color documents.
- NCR forms, letterhead, envelopes and business cards are also produced on the offset
- Contact the coordinator, Campus Graphics, for details
- Three-hole punch
- Corner staple, side stitch or saddle stitch
- Folding (Z-fold, letter-fold, double parallel, half-fold)
- Padding or booklet making
- Cutting or perforation
- Tape or spiral binding
- Shrink wrapping
Tips for a successful project:
The first step in submitting work to be designed, photocopied and/or printed is to
find out if your program or department is categorical or non-categorical.
- If your program or department is funded by a grant or other outside funding, then
you will need a categorical account number. When you register to submit work online,
please email or call the coordinator, Campus Graphics, at ext. 3249 and inform him
of the budget codes to which you will need access.
- If your program or department is funded by district general funds, please review the
FAQs for Campus Graphics General Fund Chargeback System, in order to determine what program code and PO you will need to use.
All non-classroom documents must be reviewed and approved by the Director, Public
Affairs and Communication, before submitting the project for photocopying.
No copyrighted material submitted will be photocopied without proof of permission
of the copyright holder.
Photocopy Order Form vs Design/Print Order Form
Use the Photocopy Order Form:
- If you are requesting less than 1,000 total copies. This service is limited to the
photocopying of originals that do not require design services.
- You can either submit your originals electronically through the Printshop Pro software
or you can submit hard copies of your originals attached to a printout of the work
order from Printshop Pro’s Job History site.
- All copy information should be proofread and corrected before it reaches the Campus
Graphics office. Repeated changes will delay printing.
- A proof with an attached Campus Graphics Proof Approval tag will be sent to you prior
to printing. It is your responsibility to proof this final layout and return the proof
per the instructions on the Campus Graphics Proof Approval tag.
Use the Design/Print Order Form:
- For any work that does not have attached paper originals for photocopy or printing.
- In addition, any job that requires design work and any printing of stationery (business
cards, letterhead, envelopes) or NCR forms must be submitted with a Design/Print Order
- All forms are available online at the Campus Graphics Printshop Pro link; select Submit Order Online at the top of this page.
NEW! OPEN PURCHASE ORDERS REQUIRED!
- Every categorical job request will need an open purchase order, budget code and dollar
amount on the open PO indicated on the notes section of the job ticket.
- Chargeable non-categorical work (see above) will require an open purchase order, budget
code and dollar amount on the open PO in the notes section of the job ticket.
When your project requires a combination of graphic design and printing, the Campus
Graphics office will work with you to establish a timeline. Call ext. 3249 to make
an appointment with the coordinator, Campus Graphics, to discuss design style/options,
paper stock, ink colors and total quantity prior to submitting the project. The following
timelines will give you a general idea of the time needed to complete your project.
Actual times will vary depending on competing projects and other variables.
|Designed photocopied fliers
||5 to 7 working days
|Posters, tickets, specialized promotional materials
||10 to 15 working days
|Brochures, mailers, newsletters, small programs
||7 to 12 working days
|Booklets and complicated programs (more than four pages)
||15 to 20 working days
|Small quantity NCR (500 or less total sets)
||5 to 7 working days
|Large quantity NCR (500 or more total sets) and Single Sheet Forms
||7 to 15 working days
|Business cards and letterhead
||5 to 10 working days
||7 to 12 working days
Other Helpful Information
- All recruitment/outreach projects, including class fliers and program brochures, require
the approval Public Affairs and Communications
- All documents will be printed two-sided unless otherwise indicated
- A work order number must be assigned to all work submitted to Campus Graphics.
- Provide specific directions on all orders, especially details about paper color or
type (if known), two-sided printing, quantity, folding, collation and binding. The
general rule—when in doubt, spell it out. The Campus Graphics office is glad to assist
you in this process
- Copy for design projects should be well organized and submitted online via the Printshop
- Changes after submission should be emailed to Campus Graphics, at email@example.com .
- Text should be unformatted Word Doc files.
- For reprints or reprint with changes, always print out a work order and submit the
work order with a sample of the last printed piece.
- Any text changes should be typed in a Word document and either attached to the job
ticket or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to indicate specifically what text is changing on the project, especially
if the attached Word document includes old AND new text. This way, new information
is not overlooked.
- For new work, always submit your text either online or via email; include a sample
layout design (a simple hand-drawn sketch if appropriate)
Contact Gordon Rivera, supervisor of Campus Graphics, at 922-6966 ext. 3447 if you
have any questions regarding Campus Graphics and the services we provide. You can
also email him at email@example.com.
Campus Graphics Staff:
Gordon Rivera, Supervisor, Campus Graphics, ext. 3447
Robert Nourse, Coordinator, Campus Graphics, ext. 3249
Lauren Dubose, Design Specialist, ext. 3443
Matthew Macpherson, Graphic Artist, ext. 3511
Elizabeth Zuniga, Copy Technician (night), ext. 3620
Josh Santos, Copy Technician (day), ext. 3957
Top of Page