Welcome to Counseling!
The Counseling Department serves a diverse student population with academic, career,
transfer, and personal counseling needs. The counseling faculty and staff are committed
to empower and educate students on how to achieve their academic goals by developing
a comprehensive student education plan and referrals to campus and comunity resources.
Meet with a Counselor in General Counseling - Santa Maria
Meet with a Counselor in General Counseling - Lompoc
Counselors can help you with:
- Developing a Comprehensive Student Education Plan using DegreeWorks
- Interpretation of English and Math Placement
- Transfer Planning
- Career Planning
- Personal Counseling
- Campus and Community Referrals
- Academic/Progress Probation Counseling
- Student Success Strategies
Counseling sessions are offered in the following ways:
- Counseling appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes. Prior to scheduling your appointment,
official external transcripts from all colleges/universities attended must be on file
with Admissions and Records including military transcript, AP, CLEP, and IB scores. Students requesting a comprehensive
student education plan are required to schedule an appointment.
- The Counseling Department also welcomes 30 minute phone appointments. In order to
schedule a phone appointment, students are required to submit an Authorization to Release Information Form which allows a counselor to disclose student information over the phone. The student
is required to submit the form every year in order to continue to receive counseling
services via phone/email. Refer to the form for more details.
- Counseling walk-ins are available without an appointment. Students are taken on a
first come, first serve basis. Walk-ins are designed to answer quick questions not
exceeding 10 minutes. Students are encouraged to contact the Counseling Department
the day you wish to come in for walk-in hours.
- The Counseling Department also welcomes online counseling services. Currently, online
counseling is available to Hancock students only. An admission application must be
completed prior to receiving online counseling services. The email must include the
student's ID number (H#). The respose time will depend on the volume of emails.
Most questions will be responded to within three business days. Online counseling
is only available during fall and spring semesters. Please email your questions to
Top of Page
Monday 8-4:30 p.m.
Tuesday 8-6 p.m.
Wednesday 8-4:30 p.m.
Thursday 8-4:30 p.m.
Friday 8-4 p.m.
Santa Maria Campus
(805) 922-6966 ext.3293
(805)735-3366 ext. 5374
Vandenberg AFB Campus
Santa Ynez Campus
How much can you earn with your AHC degree or certificate in each program? Check out the new Salary Surfer tool.