Final Pops Concert of the season
The Allan Hancock College Concert Band will present its final “Pops” concert of the
season on Saturday, May 11, at 7:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church in Santa Maria.
The concert we will feature clarinetist Del Gomes performing “The King of Swing,”
by Benny Goodman. Other numbers will include:
- “A Patriotic Salute” by James Hosay
- “In the Hall of the Mountain King” by E. Grieg/ Arr. Lloyd Conley
- “Rock Springs Saga” by William Owens
- “Overture to Candide” by L. Bernstein/ arr. Walter Beeler
- “Sol Y Sombra” by George Gates
- “Perpetuum Mobile” by Johann Strauss, Jr., arr. by Alfred Reed
- “Stevie Wonder in Concert,” arr. by Paul Murtha
- “The King of Swing” by Benny Goodman, arr. by Paul Murtha
- “The Lion King” by Elton John, arr. by John Higgins
Tickets are $10 each for general admission and $5 each for seniors and Allan Hancock
College staff, faculty and students. The church is located at 2970 Santa Maria Way.
For more information, contact the fine arts department at 922-6966 or toll free 1-866-DIAL
AHC (342-5242) ext. 3252.
Top of Page
"As an instructor it is a privilege to work with such a great group of students. I love getting up in the morning and going to work. It is very rewarding to pass on my knowledge of the auto body trade to my students and see them progress through the program. I have a lot of fun teaching at Allan Hancock College and believe that our staff is second to none!"
Read More »