The College Now! Program provides a special opportunity for local high school and home school students
to attend Allan Hancock College while attending high school.
High school students who meet the College Now! requirements and obtain the necessary permission from their principal or designee
may enroll in approved courses.
The approved course list and the Petition for Enrollment form are available at the
bottom of this page.
College Now! Requirements:
- Be at least junior or senior high school status.
- Reside and be enrolled in Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo county high schools or
- Students who have previously attended AHC must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at AHC to
continue in the program.
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility, academic requirements,
and the rigor of college coursework.
- Complete the College Now! Petition for Enrollment form; and obtain necessary signatures (high school principal/designee
- Enroll in a maximum of six (6) units per semester.
- Submit a completed AHC College Now! Petition for Enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts prior to enrollment
to the AHC Admissions & Records office or at the Solvang, VAFB, or Lompoc Valley Center
College Now! students may submit their completed College Now! petition for enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts beginning:
April 10, 2017 for the summer and fall 2017 semesters
Students must submit a separate Petition for Enrollment for each semester a student chooses to enroll. (If a student chooses a summer and fall course,
the student must submit a petition for EACH semester, as the CN process is semester
The Enrollment Fee is waived for approved College Now! students. However, College Now! students must pay the Health, Student Photo ID (optional), Student Center (Santa
Maria campus only), Student Representation and Parking fees. Total fees will be approximately
$20 to $46.50 per semester. Books are additional. All other fees, including Nonresident
Tuition (if applicable), apply. Most nonresident College Now! students will not be required to pay nonresident fees; however, nonresident tuition
is not waived for those students enrolled in high school as international exchange
Registration dates for College Now! students:
May 15, 2017- August 20, 2017
College Now! Course Listing PDF
College Now! Petition for Enrollment PDF
Privacy Information for Parents PDF
College Now! Appeal Form PDF
College Now! PE and PEIA Disclaimer PDF
Top of Page
"I like Allan Hancock College because it's affordable and close to my home. The classes and instructors are great- they are very open if you have any questions and they are very supportive. It was a great opportunity for me to discover that I wanted to make child development my career."
Submit a Testimonial »