The College Now! Program provides a special opportunity for local high school and home school students
to attend Allan Hancock College while attending high school.
High school students who meet the College Now! requirements and obtain the necessary permission from their principal or designee
may enroll in approved courses.
The approved course list and the Petition for Enrollment form are available at the
bottom of this page.
College Now! Requirements:
- Be at least junior or senior high school status.
- Reside and be enrolled in Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo county high schools or
- Students who have previously attended AHC must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at AHC to
continue in the program.
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility, academic requirements,
and the rigor of college coursework.
- Complete the College Now! Petition for Enrollment form; and obtain necessary signatures (high school principal/designee
- Enroll in a maximum of six (6) units per semester.
- Submit a completed AHC College Now! Petition for Enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts prior to enrollment
to the AHC Admissions & Records office or at the Solvang, VAFB, or Lompoc Valley Center
College Now! students may submit their completed College Now! petition for enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts beginning:
April 10, 2017 for the summer and fall 2017 semesters
Students must submit a separate Petition for Enrollment for each semester a student chooses to enroll. (If a student chooses a summer and fall course,
the student must submit a petition for EACH semester, as the CN process is semester
The Enrollment Fee is waived for approved College Now! students. However, College Now! students must pay the Health, Student Photo ID (optional), Student Center (Santa
Maria campus only), Student Representation and Parking fees. Total fees will be approximately
$20 to $46.50 per semester. Books are additional. All other fees, including Nonresident
Tuition (if applicable), apply. Effective fall 2015, College Now! students will not be required to pay nonresident fees.
Registration dates for College Now! students:
Summer and Fall
May 15, 2017- June 12, 2017
College Now! Course Listing PDF
College Now! Petition for Enrollment PDF
Privacy Information for Parents PDF
College Now! Appeal Form PDF
College Now! PE and PEIA Disclaimer PDF
Top of Page
"I came from Mexico at age17, which meant I not only had to learn English at a High School level, but had to prepare for college-level courses. During my first semesters at AHC I enrolled in ESL, and made extensive use of their writing lab, which I believe was critical in my transition to transfer level classes. Engineering is a difficult major on its own, but learning all those concepts and terminology while just getting out of ESL classes was a challenge. AHC professors, counselors and programs were key to my success."
Submit a Testimonial »