The College Now! Program provides a special opportunity for local high school and home school students
to attend Allan Hancock College while attending high school.
High school students who meet the College Now! requirements and obtain the necessary permission from their principal or designee
may enroll in approved courses.
The approved course list and the Petition for Enrollment form are available at the
bottom of this page.
College Now! Requirements:
- Be at least junior or senior high school status.
- Reside and be enrolled in Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo county high schools or
- Have a minimum 2.5 high school unweighted grade point average (GPA) – unofficial transcripts
from high school are required when submitting the Petition for Enrollment form.
- Students who have previously attended AHC must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at AHC to
continue in the program.
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility, academic requirements,
and the rigor of college coursework.
- Complete the College Now! Petition for Enrollment form; and obtain necessary signatures (high school principal/designee
- Provide their unofficial high school transcript verifying a 2.5 unweighted GPA to
the testing center on the day of their test.
- Enroll in a maximum of six (6) units per semester.
- Submit a completed AHC College Now! Petition for Enrollment form and unofficial high
school transcripts prior to enrollment to the AHC Admissions & Records office or at
the Solvang, VAFB, or Lompoc Valley Center offices beginning November 18, 2013 for
spring 2014 courses.
The Enrollment Fee is waived for approved College Now! students. However, College Now! students must pay the Health, Student Photo ID (optional), Student Center (Santa
Maria campus only), Student Representation, Parking and Nonresident Tuition (if applicable)
fees. Total fees not including Nonresident Tuition will be approximately $20 to $46.50
per semester. Books are additional. All other fees, including Nonresident Tuition
(if applicable), apply.
Spring 2014 Semester registration dates for College Now! students:
Jan 6 - 24, 2014
College Now! students may submit their spring 2014 completed College Now! petition for enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts beginning November
College Now Course Listing PDF
College Now Petition for Enrollment PDF
Privacy Information for Parents PDF
Top of Page
"Hancock has been making a big difference in my life. I really recommend Allan Hancock College to anyone that has English as a second language. [The instructors] help me and try to explain every single thing. This is really interesting for me: Assets, liabilities. . . I'm learning a lot in the accounting program. I want to have better opportunities. That's why I wanted to come to Hancock."
Read More »