The College Now! Program provides a special opportunity for local high school and home school students
to attend Allan Hancock College while attending high school.
High school students who meet the College Now! requirements and obtain the necessary permission from their principal or designee
may enroll in approved courses.
The approved course list and the Petition for Enrollment form are available at the
bottom of this page.
College Now! Requirements:
- Be at least junior or senior high school status.
- Reside and be enrolled in Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo county high schools or
- Have a minimum 2.5 high school unweighted grade point average (GPA) – unofficial transcripts
from high school are required when submitting the Petition for Enrollment form.
- Students who have previously attended AHC must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at AHC to
continue in the program.
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility, academic requirements,
and the rigor of college coursework.
- Complete the College Now! Petition for Enrollment form; and obtain necessary signatures (high school principal/designee
- Provide their unofficial high school transcript verifying a 2.5 unweighted GPA to
the testing center on the day of their test.
- Students must also show the signed College Now! Petition Enrollment form to the testing staff before they will be seated for testing.
- Enroll in a maximum of six (6) units per semester.
- Submit a completed AHC College Now! Petition for Enrollment form and unofficial high
school transcripts prior to enrollment to the AHC Admissions & Records office or at
the Solvang, VAFB, or Lompoc Valley Center offices beginning April 13, 2015 for summer
2015 courses and May 1 for fall 2015 courses.
The Enrollment Fee is waived for approved College Now! students. However, College Now! students must pay the Health, Student Photo ID (optional), Student Center (Santa
Maria campus only), Student Representation, Parking and Nonresident Tuition (if applicable)
fees. Total fees not including Nonresident Tuition will be approximately $20 to $46.50
per semester. Books are additional. All other fees, including Nonresident Tuition
(if applicable), apply.
Summer 2015 Semester registration dates for College Now! students:
April 27 - June 14, 2015
Fall 2015 Semester registration dates for College Now! students:
May 25 - August 16, 2015
College Now! students may submit their summer 2015 completed College Now! petition for enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts beginning April
College Now Course Listing PDF
College Now Petition for Enrollment PDF
Privacy Information for Parents PDF
College Now! Appeal Form PDF
Top of Page
"You get to work on the different situations of a company: how to manage the balance sheet, the income statements, stockholders equity. I want to get to a place where I would improve myself in a better life and not just apply at any job. By taking this class it will help me to understand a foundation to the job that I will be working in. It's really fun."
Read More »