The College Now! Program provides a special opportunity for local high school and home school students
to attend Allan Hancock College while attending high school.
High school students who meet the College Now! requirements and obtain the necessary permission from their principal or designee
may enroll in approved courses.
The approved course list and the Petition for Enrollment form are available at the
bottom of this page.
College Now! Requirements:
- Be at least junior or senior high school status.
- Reside and be enrolled in Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo county high schools or
- Have a minimum 2.5 high school unweighted grade point average (GPA) – unofficial transcripts
from high school are required when submitting the Petition for Enrollment form.
- Students who have previously attended AHC must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at AHC to
continue in the program.
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility, academic requirements,
and the rigor of college coursework.
- Complete the College Now! Petition for Enrollment form; and obtain necessary signatures (high school principal/designee
- Provide their unofficial high school transcript verifying a 2.5 unweighted GPA to
the testing center on the day of their test.
- Students must also show the signed College Now! Petition Enrollment form to the testing staff before they will be seated for testing.
- Enroll in a maximum of six (6) units per semester.
- Submit a completed AHC College Now! Petition for Enrollment form and unofficial high
school transcripts prior to enrollment to the AHC Admissions & Records office or at
the Solvang, VAFB, or Lompoc Valley Center offices beginning November 17, 2014 for spring
The Enrollment Fee is waived for approved College Now! students. However, College Now! students must pay the Health, Student Photo ID (optional), Student Center (Santa
Maria campus only), Student Representation, Parking and Nonresident Tuition (if applicable)
fees. Total fees not including Nonresident Tuition will be approximately $20 to $46.50
per semester. Books are additional. All other fees, including Nonresident Tuition
(if applicable), apply.
Spring 2015 Semester registration dates for College Now! students:
January 5 - 19, 2015
College Now! students may submit their spring 2015 completed College Now! petition for enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts beginning November
College Now Course Listing PDF
College Now Petition for Enrollment PDF
Privacy Information for Parents PDF
Top of Page
"I chose to attend Allan Hancock College so I could earn my associate in arts degree, obtain my license and become a cosmetologist. I recommend Hancock College because it offers many of the same opportunities as a university and I'm still able to live at home and save money. My classes are really fun and the instructors are easy to work with."
Read More »