We will help you be successful at Allan Hancock College
The Tutorial Center is a valuable service provided to Allan Hancock College students.
The center provides free on-site group and one-on-one tutoring in most academic subjects
for all AHC students who apply.
Services are provided by peer students who have been recommended by an instructor
and have received training. In addition, free online tutoring though Smarthinking
is available for basic math, algebra, biology, physiology, anatomy, geometry, trigonometry,
calculus, statistics, micro and macro economics, accounting, chemistry, and writing
for all subjects.
- Appointments must be made 48 hours in advance.
- Individual or group appointments are available.
- Appointments can be made weekly or one-time only.
- You can apply for tutoring anytime during the semester.
- The services are free for Allan Hancock College students.
TUTORIAL SERVICES CAN OFFER HELP:
- With the majorities of the subjects offered at Allan Hancock College.
- To improve your ability to study.
- To develop your self-steam.
- To obtain the tools necessary to be an independent student.
- To improve your level of understanding.
- To improve your goals.
THE PEER TUTORS ARE STUDENTS WHO:
- Received an “A” or “B” letter grade in the subjects they tutor.
- Have been recommended by their instructors.
- Currently have 3.0 GPA and maintain it through the semester.
- Have been trained to help you to improve your learning skills.
Department location: Academic Resource Center (ARC-Bldg L-South)
Monday -Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Regina Martinez – email@example.com
For more information, call 922-6966 Ext. 3260 or 3767
Top of Page
"I recommend Allan Hancock College because it offers a lot of opportunities for working students. My educational goals are to become a registered nurse and get my bachelor's degree in nursing. My teachers make classes entertaining and interesting."
Read More »
About the tutoring center