We will help you be successful at Allan Hancock College
The Tutorial Center is a valuable service provided to Allan Hancock College students.
The center provides free on-site group and one-on-one tutoring in most academic subjects
for all AHC students who apply.
- Appointments must be made 48 hours in advance.
- Individual or group appointments are available.
- Appointments can be made weekly or one-time only.
- You can apply for tutoring anytime during the semester.
- The services are free for Allan Hancock College students.
TUTORIAL SERVICES CAN OFFER HELP:
- With the majorities of the subjects offered at Allan Hancock College.
- To improve your ability to study.
- To develop your self-steam.
- To obtain the tools necessary to be an independent student.
- To improve your level of understanding.
- To improve your goals.
THE PEER TUTORS ARE STUDENTS WHO:
- Received an “A” or “B” letter grade in the subjects they tutor.
- Have been recommended by their instructors.
- Currently have 3.0 GPA and maintain it through the semester.
- Have been trained to help you to improve your learning skills.
Department location: Academic Resource Center (ARC-Bldg L-South)
Fall / Spring
Monday -Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Monday -Thursday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information, call 922-6966 Ext. 3767 or 3260
Top of Page
Cal Poly SLO, Aerospace Engineering
I excelled in math and science in school, so engineering was the right fit and I just had to figure out how to get it done. Throughout high school, I took courses at Allan Hancock College (AHC), and graduated as my high school valedictorian. I then attended AHC in search of a smooth transition to a university. I was able to take my lower division engineering courses and form a great relationship with my professors. While at AHC, I received multiple scholarships form the Allan Hancock Foundation, Santa Barbara Foundation, and MESA-NSF Scholarship. I then attended California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, to pursue an aerospace engineering degree. After just one year at Cal Poly, I was accepted into one of the most prestigious internship programs that NASA offers, the Aeronautics Academy.
Submit a Testimonial »