Find Articles & More
For off-campus access to these valuable resources, use your myHancock login/password.
1. Start your Research Here!
Reference Books Online
- Films On Demand - Thousands of films. Search by film title, subject, or segment.
Language and Culture
- Mango Languages – Online language learning system teaching practical conversation skills in over
General Article Databases
- Academic Search Complete – Published articles, many peer-reviewed.
- JSTOR – Select scholarly journals covering literature, humanities, science, and the arts.
- SIRS - Magazine, newspaper, and government documents on controversial social issues.
- CQ Researcher - Reports on controversial issues in the news.
- U.S. Major Dailies - New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Christian
Science Monitor, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Denver
Post and USA Today
- Los Angeles Times Historical - 1881 to 1988. Full-text newspaper articles.
- Newspaper Source Plus - Newspaper articles and television and radio transcripts.
2. Search By Subject
- ERIC - An indispensable tool for education research.
- Primary Search - Full-text articles for elementary school research.
Life and Physical Sciences
- AccessScience - Science source for topics from agriculture to zoology.
- GreenFILE- Covers all aspects of the human impact on the environment.
Vocational and Career Resources
Top of Page
Wildland Fire Tech Student
"Without a doubt the best part about Hancock College is the relationships you build with a group of like-minded individuals, and growing with that group. I enjoy the positive training environment that is created by the cadre and their efforts to help the cadets. They make the experience inside and outside the classroom fun. I would recommend Allan Hancock College to anyone interested in networking with a wealth of cadets and cadre who know what it takes to do the job. The knowledge you can open yourself up to will put you ahead of the game during your search for a career."