Find Articles & More
For off-campus access to these valuable resources, use your myHancock login/password.
1. Start your Research Here!
Reference Books Online
- Films On Demand – Thousands of films. Search by film title, subject, or segment.
- Academic Video Online – This database includes scholarly video material of virtually every video type.
Language and Culture
- Mango Languages – Online language learning system teaching practical conversation skills in over
General Article Databases
- Academic Search Complete – Published articles, many peer-reviewed.
- JSTOR – Select scholarly journals covering literature, humanities, science, and the arts.
- SIRS – Magazine, newspaper, and government documents on controversial social issues.
- CQ Researcher – Reports on controversial issues in the news.
- U.S. Major Dailies – New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Christian
Science Monitor, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Denver
Post and USA Today
- Los Angeles Times Historical – 1881 to 1988. Full-text newspaper articles.
- Newspaper Source Plus – Newspaper articles and television and radio transcripts.
2. Search By Subject
- ERIC – An indispensable tool for education research.
- Primary Search – Full-text articles for elementary school research.
Life and Physical Sciences
- AccessScience – Science source for topics from agriculture to zoology.
- GreenFILE – Covers all aspects of the human impact on the environment.
Vocational and Career Resources
Top of Page
"I believe Hancock is the greatest community college out there for so many reasons. The counselors got me on track, and the instructors go out of their way to help. Because I am doing well in math and science classes for the first time in my life, I will be able to pursue a career as an environmental engineer. I will be able to find viable solutions to real world problems because of my time here."