Find Articles & More
For off-campus access to these valuable resources, use your myHancock login/password.
1. Start your Research Here!
Reference Books Online
- Films On Demand - Thousands of films. Search by film title, subject, or segment.
Language and Culture
- Mango Languages – Online language learning system teaching practical conversation skills in over
General Article Databases
- Academic Search Premier – Published articles, many peer-reviewed.
- JSTOR – Select scholarly journals covering literature, humanities, science, and the arts.
- SIRS - Magazine, newspaper, and government documents on controversial social issues.
- CQ Researcher - Reports on controversial issues in the news.
- National Newspapers - New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Christian
Science Monitor, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Denver
Post and USA Today
- Los Angeles Times Historical - 1881 to 1988. Full-text newspaper articles.
- Newspaper Source Plus - Newspaper articles and television and radio transcripts.
2. Search By Subject
Life and Physical Sciences
- AccessScience - Science source for topics from agriculture to zoology.
- GreenFILE- Covers all aspects of the human impact on the environment.
Vocational and Career Resources
Top of Page
UCSB Transfer Student
I moved to the United States in 2012. My English was very limited, so I decided to enroll in noncredit ESL courses in the summer of that same year. By fall of 2013 after hard work and dedication, I was ready to transition to credit ESL. The sooner I started credit ESL the better, but as a new California resident the tuition was more expensive since I had to pay out of state tuition, so I decided to wait for a year to attend credit class at AHC. AHC has great student support programs that I utilized; for example, AIM, EOPS, CAN/TRIO, and the Tutorial Center. I recommend everyone to take advantage of these services and to ask for help from your instructors when needed.
Submit a Testimonial »
Find Your Future