As a CAN Scholar, you will receive individualized assistance through an intense monitoring
system. You will be supported in reaching your educational and career goals, and in
identifying a successful path towards graduation and/or transfer.
- Academic Counseling
- Organized Study Groups & Tutoring
- Assistance with selecting classes and creating a Student Education Plan (SEP)
- Specialized Student Success Workshops
- University Transfer Guidance, Support & Recognition
- Career & Leadership Development Activities
- Campus & Cultural Field Trips
- Priority Registration for classes
- Assistance with Scholarship Searches, Applications & Opportunities
- Book loans
- Free Printing
- Laptop Lending Program
- Calculator Lending Program
- Social Outing Events
- Peer Coaching
- Community/Staff Mentoring Program
- CAN Club Participation
- Welcoming, Friendly, & Dedicated CAN Study Center
Meet with a CAN Counselor!
If you are a current CAN student you are eligible to meet with a CAN Counselor, CAN Peer Coach or a CAN
Schedule an appointment with a CAN Counselor or a CAN Peer Coach/Tutor.
Top of Page
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook (FB). CAN Alumni are especially encouraged
to join us on Facebook and provide updates on your achievements. You are ALL role
models to current students!!
Success of can scholars
What students are saying about can
CAN Success Story
Mariela came to the U.S. when she was 13 years old. She graduated from a local high school here in Santa Maria and began her college career at AHC in 2008. Mariela's academic and career goals are to master the English language and give back to her community as a social worker. She knew she would transfer to a university and pursue a Bachelor's degree, so she applied to College Achievement Now (CAN) to receive transfer counseling. While at Hancock, Mariela also participated with the "green" club, Cal-SOAP, EOPS and volunteered at her church and local charities. She is now attending Fresno State as a junior and plans to graduate in 2014.