As a CAN Scholar, you will receive individualized assistance through an intense monitoring
system. You will be supported in reaching your educational and career goals, and in
identifying a successful path towards graduation and/or transfer.
- Academic Counseling
- Organized Study Groups & Tutoring
- Assistance with selecting classes and creating a Student Education Plan (SEP)
- Specialized Student Success Workshops
- University Transfer Guidance, Support & Recognition
- Career & Leadership Development Activities
- Campus & Cultural Field Trips
- Priority Registration for classes
- Assistance with Scholarship Searches, Applications & Opportunities
- Book loans
- Free Printing
- Laptop Lending Program
- Calculator Lending Program
- Social Outing Events
- Peer Coaching
- Community/Staff Mentoring Program
- CAN Club Participation
- Welcoming, Friendly, & Dedicated CAN Study Center
Meet with a CAN Counselor!
If you are a current CAN student you are eligible to meet with a CAN Counselor, CAN Peer Coach or a CAN
Schedule an appointment with a CAN Counselor or a CAN Peer Coach/Tutor.
Top of Page
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook (FB). CAN Alumni are especially encouraged
to join us on Facebook and provide updates on your achievements. You are ALL role
models to current students!!
CAN Rap Video
What students are saying about can
CAN Success Story
Anja (aka "Alexandra") applied to the College Achievement Now program to work as a Peer Mentor and to be a program participant. Her job here involved guiding and assisting other Hancock students. She provided one-on-one tutoring, essay review, note taking, time management, organization and general study tips. Anja was outstanding at both encouraging the students she mentored while also holding them accountable for their work. Students came to rely on her for her expertise, and the staff appreciated her great work ethic. Anja completed her studies at Hancock with a 4.0 GPA! She plans to pursue a Bachelor's degree and then apply to law school so that she may work in international contract law for the United Nations. She is well on her way!