As a CAN Scholar, you will receive individualized assistance through an intense monitoring
system. You will be supported in reaching your educational and career goals, and in
identifying a successful path towards graduation and/or transfer.
- Academic Counseling
- Organized Study Groups & Tutoring
- Assistance with selecting classes and creating a Student Education Plan (SEP)
- Specialized Student Success Workshops
- University Transfer Guidance, Support & Recognition
- Career & Leadership Development Activities
- Campus & Cultural Field Trips
- Priority Registration for classes
- Assistance with Scholarship Searches, Applications & Opportunities
- Book loans
- Free Printing
- Laptop Lending Program
- Calculator Lending Program
- Social Outing Events
- Peer Mentoring
- Community/Staff Mentoring Program
- CAN Club Participation
- Welcoming, Friendly, & Dedicated CAN Study Center
Meet with a CAN Counselor!
If you are a current CAN student you are eligible to meet with a CAN Counselor or a CAN Peer Tutor.
Schedule an appointment with a CAN Counselor or a CAN Peer Tutor.
Top of Page
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook (FB). CAN Alumni are especially encouraged
to join us on Facebook and provide updates on your achievements. You are ALL role
models to current students!!
CAN Rap Video
What students are saying about can
CAN Success Story
Eddie Triste was well known at Allan Hancock College. He maintained a high level of involvement with the campus and community while completing his studies here. Mr. Triste, a military veteran, began his college career at Hancock with varied interests, but his biggest interest was in helping people. He served on the AHC Associated Student Body Government for three years, one of which he served as president and was named "President of the Year" by the Student Senate for California Community Colleges.
Submit a Testimonial »