As a CAN Scholar, you will receive individualized assistance through an intense monitoring
system. You will be supported in reaching your educational and career goals, and in
identifying a successful path towards graduation and/or transfer.
- Student Education Plans & Academic Counseling
- Welcoming, Friendly, & Dedicated CAN Study Center
- Career & Leadership Development Activities
- University Transfer Recognition & Support
- Specialized Student Success Workshops
- Organized Study Groups & Tutoring
- Campus & Cultural Field Trips
- Calculator Lending Program
- Scholarship Opportunities
- CAN Club Participation
- Social Outing Events
- Priority Registration
- Peer Mentoring
- Free Printing
- Book loans
Top of Page
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook. CAN Alumni are especially encouraged to join
us on Facebook and provide updates on your achievements and serve as a role models
to our current students.
What students are saying about can
CAN Success Story
Mariela came to the U.S. when she was 13 years old. She graduated from a local high school here in Santa Maria and began her college career at AHC in 2008. Mariela's academic and career goals are to master the English language and give back to her community as a social worker. She knew she would transfer to a university and pursue a Bachelor's degree, so she applied to College Achievement Now (CAN) to receive transfer counseling. While at Hancock, Mariela also participated with the "green" club, Cal-SOAP, EOPS and volunteered at her church and local charities. She is now attending Fresno State as a junior and plans to graduate in 2014.
Submit a Testimonial »