What is Required?
To be eligible for College Achievement Now (CAN) you MUST be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent
Resident AND you MUST meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First generation college student (neither parent has earned a baccalaureate degree)
- Financially limited, according to federal criteria
- Student with a documented disability and be part of the Learning Assistance program
We also look at other factors when evaluating your application. Other criteria include:
GPA, enrollment status, total units completed, educational goal, and academic need.
If you are accepted to the CAN program, you are required to meet specific program
expectations including, but not limited to:
- Attend a mandatory acceptance orientation meeting
- Meet with the Advisor, a Peer Mentor and Counselor
- Attend a field trip or campus event
- Maintain a cumulative 2.30 GPA or higher
- Complete a Student Educational Plan (SEP)
- Must graduate/transfer from Allan Hancock College within 4 years
Top of Page
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook. CAN Alumni are especially encouraged to join
us on Facebook and provide updates on your achievements and serve as a role models
to our current students.
What students are saying about can
CAN Success Story
Mariela came to the U.S. when she was 13 years old. She graduated from a local high school here in Santa Maria and began her college career at AHC in 2008. Mariela's academic and career goals are to master the English language and give back to her community as a social worker. She knew she would transfer to a university and pursue a Bachelor's degree, so she applied to College Achievement Now (CAN) to receive transfer counseling. While at Hancock, Mariela also participated with the "green" club, Cal-SOAP, EOPS and volunteered at her church and local charities. She is now attending Fresno State as a junior and plans to graduate in 2014.
Submit a Testimonial »