The Math Center is a non-credit, Community Education class which provides assistance
in mathematics as a completely free service. Current Allan Hancock College students
as well as other individuals who are 18 years or older may register for the Math Center
each semester and attend as frequently as they want. Registration is for one semester
only and may be done online or at Community Education in Building S.
The goal of the Math Center (sometimes called the Mathematics Lab) is to assist students
in the successful completion of any Allan Hancock College mathematics class by providing
additional instructional resources. The Math Center offers many resources, including
one-on-one, drop-in tutoring by our staff of instructors and student tutors. Please
see the full list of resources below:
- Free, drop-in tutoring (View instructor/tutor schedule)
- A place to study individually or in small groups
- In-house loan of current textbooks and solutions manuals
- A library of supplemental books and videos for check-out
- Computers for mathematical purposes
- Calculators, both in-house loans and semester rentals
- Handouts on math topics, including content from various math courses as well as information
on overcoming math anxiety and preparing for and taking math tests
- Two private study rooms
- Make-up testing
Register to use the Math Center
The Math Center is a free service available to all students, however you must register for the noncredit class BASK to use the services. Students must register online through
the myHancock portal for BASK 7014. The CRN for Summer 2019 is 10116. The CRN for Fall 2019 is 20494.
Building M, Room 101
Telephone: 1-805-922-6966 x3463
Fall and Spring Semesters:
|Monday - Thursday
||9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
||9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
||11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
|Monday - Thursday
||11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Mary Alice Majoue
Math Center Coordinator
Jaime Astacio Rivera
Top of Page
Achieve Success at the Math Center