AHC Virtual Tutoring Center
Starting March 30, 2020, The Academic Resource Center is going online! Allan Hancock College tutors will continue tutoring students during the suspension of in-person classes.
To receive tutoring, click on one of the front desk cards below and select the Canvas icon. Log in with your myHancock username and password and connect with a front desk staff person who can set up an appointment or connect you to a drop-in tutor.
Note: Before you knock on any of the doors in the lobby below please make sure you are logged in to ConexED. You can do that by visiting https://hancockcollege.craniumcafe.com/ and entering your myHancock user name and password.
Live chats may be recorded and logged.
Front desk staff will be available March 30.Video chat with ARC/Tutoring Front Desk on Cranium Cafe
Welcome to AHC Tutorial Services
NOW HIRING PEER TUTORS FOR FALL 2020.
We will help you be successful at Allan Hancock College
The mission of Tutorial Services is to assist students in successfully completing their courses. Tutoring supports the college mission to provide support services that help students achieve their educational goals.
The Tutorial Center is a valuable service provided to Allan Hancock College students. The center provides free on-site group and one-on-one tutoring in most academic subjects for all AHC students who apply. All students receive one hour of tutoring per week for each class in which they are enrolled. Visit the Tutorial Center to sign up for tutoring at any point in the semester.
- Appointments must be made 48 hours in advance.
- Individual or group appointments are available.
- Appointments can be made weekly or one-time only.
- Students can apply for tutoring anytime during the semester.
- Tutoring is free for Allan Hancock College students.
PEER TUTORS ARE STUDENTS WHO:
- Received an “A” or “B” letter grade in the subjects they tutor.
- Have been recommended by their instructors.
- Currently have 3.0 GPA and maintain it through the semester.
- Have been trained to help you to improve your learning skills.
Department location: Academic Resource Center (ARC-Bldg L-South)
Fall / Spring
Monday -Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Please call 1-805-922-6966 x3260 for hours.
Assistant Professor / Coordinator, Academic Resource Center
Lab Technician, Tutorial Center / Open Access Computer
Lab Assistant, Tutorial Center / Open Access Computer Lab
Student Learning Outcomes
- PSLO 1. Students will improve their ability to effectively develop and ask appropriate subject matter questions.
- PSLO 2. Students will improve their ability to utilize effective study skills.
- PSLO 3. Students will gain knowledge of effective time management strategies.