AHC Virtual Writing Center
The Writing Center is now online! Allan Hancock College Writing Center faculty will continue tutoring students during the suspension of in-person classes.
Writing Center Summer Services:
All Writing Center services will be offered online for summer 2020 starting June 15th through July 30th.
Online tutoring will be taking place through Zoom on the following dates and times.
- Monday and Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 1 - 3 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - noon
Simply click on the link below to see our schedule and begin a Zoom meeting with an instructor!
Welcome to the Writing Center
The Writing Center provides one-on-one writing support to all AHC students for any reading and writing assignment. Our goal is to help students become more skillful and confident writers. The Writing Center also offers writing skills workshops, support materials, computers for students to work on writing assignments, and support to faculty.
Students who wish to access the Writing Center’s services must enroll in the free, noncredit BASK 7015 Reading and Writing Lab course. Students can enroll during their first visit to the center or in advance through myHancock.
The Writing Center supports students at all levels and all stages of their writing process. Some of the services we provide include:
- one-on-one writing support at all stages of the writing process for reading and writing assignments for any class;
- assistance in all steps of the writing process from brainstorming, organizing, thesis development, MLA documentation, and much more;
- assistance for students at all levels of writing; and
- workshops focused on writing skills that can be applied to writing assignments in all courses.
Location and Hours
Bldg. L (ARC – Academic Resource Center)
Phone: 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3501
Fall and Spring Hours
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.