Welcome to Counseling!
The Counseling Department serves a diverse student population with academic, career, transfer, and personal counseling needs. The counseling faculty and staff are committed to empower and educate students on how to achieve their academic goals by developing a comprehensive student education plan and referrals to campus and community resources.
GOT A PLAN?
Do you know the date you'll finish your associate degree and/or transfer to a university? If the answer is no, what are you waiting for? The best course of action is to set up a Student Education Plan (SEP). You and a counselor will create a semester by semester plan to ensure you register for the right classes. Why take unnecessary classes and waste your time and money? The plan enables you to concentrate on an end date so you can reach your educational goal on time. Don't wait another minute, schedule an appointment today!
Appointments | Quick Questions| Email
As a result of COVID-19, the Counseling Department has transitioned into a virtual environment. Counselors are able to serve you via telephone, face-to-face (Zoom), email, and online chat. We encourage you to find a modality that fits your needs.
Reasons to schedule a counseling appointment:
- Developing a Comprehensive Student Education Plan (SEP)- New or Update
- Deciding on a major
- External Transcript Evaluation
- Transfer Planning
- Career Planning
- Applying for a degree and/or certificate using external transcripts
- Applying for a CSU and/or IGETC general education certification using external transcripts
- Applying for an Academic Renewal using external transcripts
- University Application Review
- Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Application Review
- Appealing an Excessive Course Attempt (4th attempt)
You have two ways to schedule a counseling appointment.
- Call the Counseling Department at 805-922-6966 ext.3293, or
- Use the link below to schedule your own appointment.
Counselors are available via telephone or Zoom.
If you scheduled a phone appointment, a counselor will call you the day/time of your appointment. A counselor may call you from an unknown number.
If you scheduled a Zoom appointment, an email with the Zoom link will be sent to your Hancock email. If you don't have a Hancock email, the Zoom link will be sent to your personal email account on file.
Planning to use a smartphone for your Zoom appointment? Be sure to download the Zoom App prior to your scheduled appointment. For students using other devices (desktop/iPad/lap top), we encourage you to use Chrome or Firefox.
- Adding/Dropping classes
- Applying for a degree and/or certificate with no external transcripts
- Applying for a CSU and/or IGETC general education certification with no external transcripts
- Academic Standing/Probation Questions
- Applying for an Academic Renewal with no external transcripts
- Applying for a Prerequisite Appeal
- Applying for Reinstatement (Dismissed Students)
- Requesting Excess Units
- Pass/No Pass Questions
- Student Services and Community Referrals
Call 805-922-6966 ext.3293 to speak to a counselor. Please have your H# ready.
Your questions will be answered in the order received.
NEED TO KNOW: Counselors may be returning your phone call from an off campus phone number.
Prefer to participate in an online chat? Counselors are available for quick questions through online chat. Counselor's who's light is green and says "Online Now" will assist you.
Email your question to a counselor. We encourage you to use your Hancock email account. The email must include your Student ID number, better known as your H#. The response time will depend on the volume of emails. Most questions will be responded to within three business days. Please email your questions to email@example.com.
Hours & Campus Locations
Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday:
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Santa Maria Campus
Building A, 1st Floor Student Services
1-805-922-6966 ext. 3293
Lompoc Valley Center
805-735-3366 ext. 5374