Textbooks are Expensive! Let us help.
UPDATE: Spring 2020 book lending appointments are now closed. On Friday, January 24, between 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. we will offer a final walk-in book pick-up for remaining books. Pick-up is available in the ARC Patio (bldg. L) on the Santa Maria Campus. Book supply is limited. First-come, first-served.
This free service allows currently enrolled AHC students to borrow textbooks for an entire semester. Students must register online for spring 2020 appointments by January 8. Book distribution dates are, January 13, 14, 15, 21, and 22 on the Santa Maria campus, and January 21 and 22 at the Lompoc Valley Center. Textbooks are available on an appointment basis. Because textbook supply is limited, there is no guarantee requested textbooks will be available.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Currently enrolled AHC students are eligible to borrow textbooks.
- Two (2) textbook limit per student. Although students can borrow up to two books, students should list their top five requests in order of priority when they make their appointment.
- There is no guarantee that requested textbooks will be available, as textbook supply is limited.
- The program does not carry access codes or course packets.
- All students must submit a request and choose an appointment to borrow a book. Appointments pick-up times are one-hour in length.
- The last day to submit a book request for spring is January 8, 2020.
- Book orders are filled in the order requests are received not by appointment time.
BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS to your appointment
- AHC Student ID
- Current detailed class schedule
- A list of required books. You can find the required textbooks for your course by clicking on the CRN on class search and then “click to check textbook costs.”
Spring 2020 Appointment Dates:
UPDATE: Spring 2020 book lending appointments are now closed. On Friday, January 24, between 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. we will offer a final walk-in book pick-up for remaining books. Book supply is limited. First-come, first-served. Pick-up is available in the ARC Patio (bldg. L) on the Santa Maria Campus.
Santa Maria Campus: January 13,14, 15, 21, and 22
Lompoc Valley Center: January 21 and 22
Use the link above to submit a book request and choose an appointment time.
We also recommend visiting the library for textbooks on reserve.
RETURNING A BOOK?
Textbooks must be returned by the day after the last day of finals in the same condition they were loaned. Late returns will make students ineligible to check out a book in the following semester.
Please bring your AHC student ID card when returning your books.
Book return hours and locations
Santa Maria Campus:
December 6 – December 13
Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Academic Resource Center, Bldg. L 114
Questions? Contact the Books for Bulldogs program
805-922-6966 ext. 3500
Lompoc Valley Center:
December 6 – December 13
Lompoc Valley Center Pick-up Location: EOPS, CARE, NEXT UP, CalWORKS Office, bldg. 1-103B
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 1 - 4 p.m.