College Opportunities for High School Students
The College Now! Program provides a special opportunity for local high school and home school students to attend Allan Hancock College while attending high school.
High school students who meet the College Now! requirements and obtain the necessary permission from their principal or designee may enroll in approved courses.
The approved course list and the Petition for Enrollment form are available at the bottom of this page.
College Now! Requirements:
- Apply for Admission to Allan Hancock College
- Be at least junior or senior high school status.
- Reside and be enrolled in Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo county high schools or home schools.
- Students who have previously attended AHC must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at AHC to continue in the program.
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility, academic requirements, and the rigor of college coursework.
- Complete the College Now! Petition for Enrollment form; and obtain necessary signatures (high school principal/designee and parent/guardian).
- Enroll in a maximum of six (6) units per semester.
Please submit your completed AHC College Now! Petition for Enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts prior to enrollment by email to:
The subject line of your email should include your FULL name and College Now. For example: Spike Bulldog College Now
College Now! students may submit their completed College Now! petition for enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts beginning:
May 4 for the fall 2020 semester.
Students must submit a separate Petition for Enrollment for each semester a student chooses to enroll.
When submitting documents, please allow for 5 business days to clear petitions for enrollment. If you are submitting an appeal, this may take longer. We thank you for your patience.
The Enrollment Fee is waived for approved College Now! students. However, College Now! students must pay the Health, Student Center (Santa Maria campus only), Student Representation and Parking fees. Total fees will be approximately $20 to $46.50 per semester. Books are additional. All other fees, including Nonresident Tuition (if applicable), apply. Most nonresident College Now! students will not be required to pay nonresident fees; however, nonresident tuition is not waived for those students enrolled in high school as international exchange students.
Registration dates for College Now! students:
- Fall 2020 - May 18 - August 30, 2020