Mission and Values
Allan Hancock College fosters an educational culture that values equity and diversity and engages students in an inclusive learning environment. We offer pathways that encourage our student population to achieve personal, career, and academic goals through coursework leading to skills building, certificates, associate degrees, and transfer.
Allan Hancock College makes the following commitments to our students, our community and each other:
- We will change the odds for students by continuing to provide quality instruction while improving time to completion.
- We will work to build inclusive communities that promote trust and social justice. Allan Hancock College is committed to equity and diversity by ensuring our actions are based on an awareness of the social and historical context of inclusionary practices.
- We will work to address student financial challenges, including food and housing insecurities.
- We will prepare our students emotionally, physically, and intellectually to pursue fulfilling careers that foster economic mobility.
- We will provide an educational culture that values, nurtures, connects, and engages students.
- We will provide opportunities that enhance student learning and promote the creative, intellectual, cultural, and economic vitality of our diverse community.
- We will partner with the community to offer relevant and timely programs and services.
- We will ensure a positive community presence by responding to community needs, including outreach to nontraditional students.
- We will strive to ensure fiscal integrity and responsible management of resources.
We at Allan Hancock College express our values in all that we do. Our commitment is to find innovative ways to enhance student achievement and to always put students first. We operate in a culture of mutual respect and lifelong learning, developing relationships among students and employees to enrich our collective appreciation for diverse ideas, thoughts, and experiences. Our culture is supported by a philosophy that shared governance and academic freedom are primary vehicles in promoting excellence in all teaching, learning, and services through open and honest communication.
Equal Access to All
Nondiscrimination Statement: The Allan Hancock Joint Community College District (“District”) is committed to equal
opportunity in employment and all access to institutional programs and activities.
The District, and each individual who represents the District, shall provide access
to its employment opportunities, services, classes, and programs without regard to
national origin, religion, age, sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression,
race, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation,
marital status, physical or mental disability, or military and veteran status of any
person, or because he or she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics,
or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or
Alternate Media Statement: Allan Hancock College will provide, upon request, alternate translation of its general information documents in large print, Braille, E-text, etc., through our Learning Assistance Program.
Like all community colleges, Allan Hancock College faces new challenges and opportunities
every day. To deal effectively with these challenges, and to develop a meaningful
road map to guide it over the next years, the college has developed its latest Strategic Plan.