GED Computer-Based Testing
Success is just clicks away! Now you can take the GED test on computer at the Allan
Hancock College Testing Center and get a better job, go to college, and earn more
Allan Hancock College Community Education offers free courses to help with GED preparation.
Visit the Community Education GED page for more information.
- The 2014 GED test consists of four subject areas:
Math, Science, Social Studies, Reading/Language Arts (writing)
- You will need to receive 145 points on each of the four exams, for a total of 580
points, to earn your GED certificate.
- Each exam costs $35 for a total of $140.
- The AHC Testing Center offers GED testing almost every day; the dates are accessible
online after you select the testing location.
- To register for the GED 2014 exams, log in to www.myged.com
- If you have an account, enter your email address, password, and click on, LOG IN.
- If you don’t have an account, click on, DON’T HAVE AN ACCOUNT? CREATE ONE. Type an
email address. Verify your email address, and type the password.
- Check the box agreeing to the Privacy rules and Terms and Conditions.
- Click on “Sign Up” to complete the registration process.
- The online study guides and practice test are accessible after you have completed
the GED registration process for a fee of $6 for each subject.
- For technical assistance with online registration, call 1-877-392-6433.
- For general GED questions, call 1-805-922-6966, ext. 3364.
Using a hand-held calculator
Examinees taking the GED test can use their own handheld TI-30XS Multiview Scientific
Calculator for Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies, or use the embedded, on-screen calculator.
Free Noncredit Class: BASK 7013 - GED Prep: Computer Skills
Learn how to use the calculator along with other important lessons. The class is 10 weeks long and each session
only lasts one hour. The GED math test is 115 minutes and 41 questions allow the
use of a calculator. This class will be time well spent!
Information about your test scores, the retest policy, and retest fees can be found
in your GED account.
Top of Page
Free GED Preparation Classes in English and Spanish! Look in the Spectrum class schedule for convenient days and times.
Santa Maria Campus, Bldg S
1-805-922-6966 ext. 3209
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.