Events and Announcements
Want to schedule an orientation for your class? Interested in seeing what events are
happening at the library? Check out the library calendar below!
Monday, February 11, 2:30-3:30 pm
Monday, February 25, 7-8 pm
Tuesday, February 26, 9-10 am
Thursday, March 7, 11 am-12 pm
Thursday, March 7, 6-7 pm
Wednesday, March 13, 11:30 am-12:30 pm
Tuesday, March 26, 10:30-11:30 am
Tuesday, March 26, 6:30-7:30 pm
Thursday, March 28, 7-8 pm
Thursday, April 4, 9-10 am
Monday, April 8, 10-11 am
Wednesday, April 17, 2-3 pm
Tuesday, April 23, 12:30-1:30 pm
Wednesday, April 24, 6:30-7:30 pm
Thursday, May 2, 12-1 pm
Monday, May 6, 7-8 pm
Tuesday, May 7, 11:30 am-12:30 pm
Wednesday, May 8, 6-7 pm
Thursday, May 9, 9:30-10:30 am
Thursday, May 9, 7-8 pm
Monday, May 13, 11 am-12 pm
Tuesday, May 14, 2-3 pm
Wednesday, May 15, 10-11 am
Wednesday, May 15, 7-8 pm
- LBRY 170 Class: There is still time to enroll in LBRY 170! Do you want to become a better researcher? Sign up for LBRY 170 (Library Research
Methods) this spring. This online class is 2 units and will cover the basics of college-level
research. LBRY 170 is CRN 41669.
- Friends of the Library Book Club: Allan Hancock College Friends of the Library invites all staff and faculty to participate
in timely discussions, develop relationships with peers and mentors, gain a fresh
perspective, and re-energize as a team, all through a monthly Book Club! We will be
reading a variety of genres to include a mix of fiction and non-fiction. Our next meeting will be Wednesday, January 23, from 12-1pm in L-337. We will be discussing the book Beloved by Toni Morrison. The next book club meeting will be on Wednesday, February 20, from
12-1 pm (in L-337) and we will be discussing Hyperbole and a Half, by Allie Brosh. This opportunity can earn you Professional Development hours. Please
contact Vickey Smith at ext 3492 or Susie Kopecky at ext. 3453 for more info.
- Makerspaces in the Library! The first and third Wednesdays of the month, the makerspace returns! From 1-4 pm,
come to the AHC Library lobby (Santa Maria campus) and receive assistance with the
project. After 4 pm, materials will remain out till closing (10 pm). All supplies
will be provided and this is completely free and open to all! The makerspace themes
for this fall semester tentatively include make your own poetry, books, sewable electronics,
books, painted rocks, and cards.
- OER Drop-In Hours: AHC faculty - Do you have questions about Open Educational Resources (OERs)? Come
by the Santa Maria campus library and we can assist you. Drop by the library any time
between 1-3 pm on Tuesdays and a librarian will assist you.
- Welcome to a new semester, and a brand new offering from your library. You can now enjoy complimentary access to the New York Times digital content and the Wall Street Journal digital content with unlimited access to articles, news, videos and multimedia*.
To set up your New York Times account for the first time, you must be on our campus
internet network. Click on the image below, and follow the steps as directed on the
To set up your Wall Street Journal account for the first time, students, faculty and staff can activate their WSJ memberships via this URL:
If you are having trouble creating an account, or have any questions—please stop by
the library reference desk and we would be happy to help.
*ask the library about restrictions including crosswords and date ranges
Top of Page